Middle Test Engineer for Thomas Cook (Malaga)
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Test Engineer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
As a Test Engineer you will be part of new digital technology team involved in designing and building large scale Web applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
Our product team is very strong, and proposes exciting features. Marketing, optimization and analytics teams will work with us making sure we deliver all requested features they need in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
This position requires deep understanding of quality assurance role on each stage of product development process and profound knowledge of QA mission and methodology.
- Requirements testing: verification of requirements to meet INVEST criteria (independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, scalable, testable);
- Test design and development: design and maintain Test Cases for large and complex software applications within the scope of a broader test strategy; make test artefacts maintainable and traceable to requirements;
- Test Cases Review: participate in internal peer reviews of test documentation preceding test execution, providing feedback on coverage, relevance and problematic points;
- Test Activities Planning: active participation in refinement and planning sessions, providing valuable feedback and accurate estimates for testing tasks;
- Test execution: plan and execute functional, GUI, localization, regression testing, both scripted and exploratory, both manual and automation, to prove system functionality, verify business and user requirements are met;
- Defect reporting: report and re-test defects according to generally accepted best practices and internal policies; Ensure key issues detected are appropriately documented, flagged, communicated and handed over to the appropriate function to resolve in a timely manner;
- Status reporting: systematically report status, progress and concerns in a proactive, consistent and accurate manner to all the Team and stakeholders;
- Agility: working as a member of a self-organized agile team to gain necessary input and ensure accurate and complete testing activities within each area and task; take active participation in Scrum ceremonies and contribute to the culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaboration: communicate with colleagues within and outside of the team in a clear, concise manner; make your effective contribution to cross-team processes and solutions.
- Automation: participation in creation, maintenance and usage of automated scripts on GUI and API levels.
- Process improvement: adopting new promising technologies and tools, applying best practices to business process.
- Experience in testing of web and/or mobile applications (3+ years);
- Profound theoretical background in SQA methodology and process, test types classifications;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development processes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Experience with cross-browser testing and cross-mobile platform testing;
- Deep knowledge of test design techniques and ability to implement them practically;
- Knowledge and skills in requirements testing;
- Experience in creation different kinds of test documentation;
- Experience in scripted and exploratory test execution;
- Experience in usage of Test Management tools (e.g. TestRail, Zephyr, TestLink)
- Experience in usage of Defect tracking systems (preferably Jira);
- Good understanding of Web technologies and concepts (HTML, CSS, JS);
- Experience of technical testing (g. reading logs, putty, SQL, XML, json, Fiddler, MongoDB);
- Experience with UI and API automation testing and desire to develop further in this area;
- Test case adjustments for automated testing needs;
- Automation of regression and other functional testing on Web/Mobile project;
- Good knowledge in OOP;
- Awareness of architecture and design patterns;
- BDD approach (Cucumber, JBehave, JDave etc.);
- Work with VCS (Git, SVN etc.);
- Understanding of CI (Jenkins, TeamCity etc.);
- Upper intermediate spoken and written English.
- Experience working with e-commerce products;
- Experience with Protractor;
- Experience with Appium/Selendroid and other mobile automation frameworks.
- ISEB/ISTQB – Foundation level.
- Good communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- High level of attention to details;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently or collaboratively with team on solutions, positive approach to difficulties and imaginative problem solver;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Proactive, results-oriented personality;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize personal workload;
- Ability to learn fast and a high degree of creativity and initiative.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Competitive salary;
- Career and professional growth;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentationApply via site