Imagine Software Inc. is a software development and application service provider for the financial services industry.
Founded in 1993 by a handful of technical and financial experts drawn from some of the largest and most prestigious Wall Street financial institutions, Imagine Software now consists of hundreds of professionals on four continents, supporting the needs of thousands of users worldwide.
Imagine's reputation for delivering tangible competitive advantage is based upon proven innovation that enables users to stay abreast of the market. Imagine Software puts institutional-grade functionality, broad cross-asset instrument support, and the ability to employ any trading strategy in the hands of sell- and buy-side businesses of all sizes.
On Behalf of Imagine software, Ciklum is looking for a Mongo DB Engineer to join our team in Kyiv on a full times basis.
Platform Operations develops and supports the Imagine Financial Platform (IFP) and the ImagineReal-time Risk and Analytics product (RRC), a web-based set of financial tools used to build client solutions both internal and external to Imagine. The role involves supporting existing deployed production systems and participating in the design and development of the Imagine Financial Platform itself, as well as new products utilizing the platform. Imagine Software is a place where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded.
- Configure and monitor numerous MongoDB instances and replica sets
- Automate routine tasks and work with existing operations staff to improve operational efficiencies
- Solve production problems and participate in support rotation
- Perform performance profiling of existing applications and work with Platform Engineers to develop robust, reliable, and performant systems
- Provide assistance and leadership to the rest of the Platform/RRC team on matters concerning database engineering.
- Strong knowledge in MongoDB technology, enterprise product certification is a plus
- Experience with database infrastructure and architecture (i.e., clustering, failover, high availability, monitoring, etc.)
- Must have strong Linux/Unix administration skills
- Experience supporting 24×7 database environments oriented towards a zero downtime target.
- Knowledgeable about engineering, security, scalability, and data center operational efficiency.
- Passionate about performance optimization and distributed systems, finds enjoyment in profiling code and figuring out which piece of the software can be scaled most effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, and outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- At least 3 years of database operations/engineering experience
- BS , MS in Computer Science or Engineering or demonstrable equivalent skill level
- Java SE/EE
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with MongoDB
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical achievement with non-relational databases.
- They will have demonstrated programming proficiency and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Most importantly the candidate will have a commitment to exceptional team work and customer service.
What's in it for you
- A challenging working environment, great responsibility and complete development cycles (with thorough code reviews and dedicated QA support).
- You’ll join a team of self-driven skilled engineers where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded, where high standards translate into your professional growth and advancement.
- In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, fully paid trips to New York City main office, and other rewards.
Client video presentation