Imagine Software Inc. is a software development and application service provider for the financial services industry.
Founded in 1993 by a handful of technical and financial experts drawn from some of the largest and most prestigious Wall Street financial institutions, Imagine Software now consists of hundreds of professionals on four continents, supporting the needs of thousands of users worldwide.
Imagine's reputation for delivering tangible competitive advantage is based upon proven innovation that enables users to stay abreast of the market. Imagine Software puts institutional-grade functionality, broad cross-asset instrument support, and the ability to employ any trading strategy in the hands of sell- and buy-side businesses of all sizes.
On behalf of Imagine Software, we are looking for MongoDB Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Ciklum is building a team to work on various projects which primary goal to improve and automate the customer’s business processes, reduce time and effort required for various operations.
Platform Operations develops and supports the Imagine Financial Platform (IFP) and the Imagine Real-time Risk and Analytics product (RRC), a web based set of financial tools used to build client solutions both internal and external to Imagine. The role involves supporting existing deployed production systems and participating in the design and development of the Imagine Financial Platform itself, as well as new products utilizing the platform. Imagine Software is a place where initiative and creativity are encouraged and rewarded.
Imagine Software is a leading provider of real-time investment management solutions worldwide. Its flagship product, the Imagine Trading System, is a cross-asset trading, portfolio, and risk management solution available as a cloud-based, hosted solution or an enterprise application. Developed for alternative investment companies of all sizes, Imagine Software serves thousands of users worldwide with its unique combination of proven enterprise functionality, comprehensive data management and business process automation.
A career path at Imagine Software represents one of the most comprehensive opportunities to be on the front lines of the complexities and nuances of the global financial markets as well as cutting-edge technology. Employees work and collaborate with some of the world’s most elite financial institutions and utilize leading-edge technologies to solve complex business challenges. Employees assist in enabling clients of Imagine Software’s award-winning system to achieve key benefits for their organizations–maximizing returns and managing risk, achieving transparency, and gaining operational efficiencies.
- Configure and monitor numerous MongoDB instances and replica sets;
- Automate routine tasks and work with existing operations staff to improve operational efficiencies;
- Solve production problems and participate in support rotation;
- Perform performance profiling of existing applications and work with Platform Engineers to develop robust, reliable, and performant systems;
- Provide assistance and leadership to the rest of the Platform/RRC team on matters concerning database engineering.
- Strong knowledge in MongoDB technology, enterprise product certification is a plus;
- At least 3 years of database operations/engineering experience;
- Experience with database infrastructure and architecture (i.e., clustering, failover, high availability, monitoring, etc.);
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills;
- Experience supporting 24×7 database environments oriented towards a zero downtime target;
- Knowledgeable about engineering, security, scalability, and data center operational efficiency;
- Passionate about performance optimization and distributed systems;
- Enjoy profiling code and figuring out which piece of the software can be scaled most effectively;
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, and outstanding teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- BS, MS in Computer Science or Engineering or demonstrable equivalent skill level.
- Demonstration of technical achievements with non-relational databases;
- Strong programming proficiency and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Show a commitment to exceptional team work and customer service.
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities;
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services;
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment;
- Professional skills development and training programs;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Client video presentation