On behalf of BigChange, Ciklum is looking for for a .NET Developer to join our team.
This role arises from BigChange being a rapidly growing mobile workforce management and enterprise resource planning business with over 1,600 business customers and 50,000+ users depending 24×7 on 99.9%+ availability and 100% security of our multi-tenanted, SaaS and mobile applications that process every aspect of their business and resource locations minute-by-minute.
The Engineering Development Team is responsible for ensuring the applications and supporting services and data sources are architected, developed, tested and deployed in a sustainable, highly available, secure manner. Whilst our systems are scalable in many respects, we constantly invest in new technologies and re-factoring all elements to enable rapid growth, excellent performance, better availability and respond to technology challenges and opportunities.
This role defines and delivers major technology feasibility, technology upgrade, technology introduction and re-factoring projects. It requires extensive technical knowledge across software engineering and infrastructure, but also the ability to directly develop both proof-of-concept and production solutions, test, implement and support in the best toolset for the job.
JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is here for businesses of all sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises through to large blue-chip organisations. No matter your size or sector. BigChange is here to make a big difference to the way you work for the better.
- Bring new ideas and best practice on design, software architecture and software development
- Analyse and document existing software application components, domains and future component requirements using a range of contemporary techniques
- Identify relevant design patterns, evaluate toolsets and technologies, and develop technical proof-of-concepts
- Collaborates to refine, develop and test solutions with other developers
- Develops unit tests alongside code
- Deploy solutions from Azure DevOps in AWS using pipelines and CloudFormation
- Writes clear and concise system architectural documentation, summary diagrams, runbooks and playbooks
- Monitoring of systems and alerts to identify significant trends and issues, and to optimise solutions under load
- Participate in scrum calls and agile development
- Manage deadlines that are set by Chief Information Officer, Chief Innovation Officer & CTO, and Deputy CTO
- Considered security at each stage of product and software specification, development and testing and in compliance with the Secure Development Policy
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution
- 5 years + experience in a similar role (Desirable)
- Experience as a software developer (Essential)
- Knowledge or experience of Visual Studio C# .net (Essential)
- Provide top class service to our customers, training support to other members of the company, and be a brand ambassador to BigChange.
- Exceptional people skills and objection handling
- Team player
- Experience in System software development
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Organised with a proactive approach to work
- Adaptable and flexible
What's in it for you
- Competitive Salary
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard