.NET Engineer for Just Eat (Kyiv)
JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for a .NET Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
Every member of the Technology team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our ecommerce platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
We don’t divide responsibility for development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times.
The Senior Engineer takes technical ownership of a subset of the team’s work, ensuring that changes are technically sound, scalable, secure, in line with the rest of the platform and of a high quality.
- Be a trusted technical authority and specialist in one or more areas of their team.
- Has a deep knowledge of JUST EAT’s business model and practices
- Experience in mentor and coaching less experienced team members.
- Experience in recruitment & induction processes.
- Has worked collaboratively with other teams
- Experience of working in agile development teams.
- Contributes to and improves team’s processes & standards
As stated we are big into AWS and C# and either of these skills are preferred however we are looking for great talent not specific skills If you have experience and passion in any of the following we would like to hear from you.
- Understanding of cloud computing principles and providers (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- NET Web API
- SQL Server, MySQL, or similar
- DynamoDB or similar NoSQL data store
- Writing automated tests
- Working in a continuous deployment environment
- Working on a product where reliability is critical
- Designing and developing systems for both high availability and scalability
- Performance profiling and tuning
- Working with message queues and event-driven services
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out.
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
Client video presentationApply via site