JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for a .NET Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
This engineering opportunity is in the Growth team which is responsible for developing and testing new ideas to help customers using Just Eat, as well as developing and managing tools to help market Just Eat to the world. The ideas tend to touch a variety of stakeholder groups (internal customers, consumers and restaurant partners). You’ll be part of the team that helps drive best practice throughout the area.
The Growth team is responsible for a number of consumer, business and internal facing applications to support Just Eat’s marketing teams around the globe and drive orders through the most popular takeaway ordering platform in the world.
Using a variety of technologies, the team works very closely with other technology teams to deliver numerous applications of varying size, from blogs to tools that manage multi-million pound advertising spend & interface with key partners including Google, Facebook, Salesforce & Microsoft, to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
Every member of the Technology Team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our e-commerce platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
We don’t divide responsibility for development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times.
Our product development teams are growing because we have a huge number of ideas of how to improve the experience customers and restaurants have. As an Engineer you will need to play a key role in turning those ideas into reality. You’ll need to:
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technology Manager.
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed.
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective.
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other product development teams.
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams.
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production.
- C#, .NET, .NET Core
- Any SQL & NoSQL databases
- WEB development
- Git, Kibana, Grafana or similar
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out.
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events. There is slight probability of nerf wars.
- Support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
- Regular offsites and workshops in UK
Client video presentation