Localize.city (known as Madlan in Israel) is a real estate knowledge platform. We reveal the full story of every address in NYC. We’ve successfully changed how Israelis find their next home. With a fresh round of funding, we’ve brought our technology, methods, and experience to the United States.
At Localize.city (Madlan) we are building an entirely new way to help answer one of life’s most daunting questions: where should I live? This is a difficult question and requires the efforts of 100+ employees based in NYC and Tel-Aviv and includes a unique collaboration between Engineers, Data Scientists, Urban Planners, and designers. Our AI technology analyzes billions of temporal-spatial data points, from more than 10,000 disparate data sets. The combination of advanced AI technology and the team’s deep expertise is what powers this unprecedented calibration of knowledge for every address in Israel and NYC, made easily accessible to the public.
Our leadership team are seasoned leaders and serial entrepreneurs with extensive experience building products and services on a global scale. We led algorithm and software development at Taboola (the world’s leading recommendation engine) and Trusteer (acquired by IBM for $700M), led the map design for Waze (acquired by Google for $1b), and strategy at Twitter.
These articles offer more context:
On behalf of Localize.city, Ciklum is looking for a Node.js Developer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis (both remote and office options are possible).
We’re looking for a strong Node.js Developer to help us rapidly expand the services we provide our growing customer base. The Apps team drives our website, as well as the behind-the-scenes services which power our offline customer interaction through automation, integration with other systems, and reporting analytics. The team is in the midst of a growth spurt in which it is introducing a wealth of technologies including Kafka, Node microservices, Prometheus, and DialogFlow, to state a few.
As part of the team you will be working on leveraging these frameworks – and potentially introducing new ones – in order to provide richer, automated, yet more personalized experiences for our customers. You will be required to understand our system’s overall architecture and available services in order to build new functionality. You will take part in the shaping of our infrastructure as it grows, and will get to contribute to the frameworks we employ as well as to implement actual business logic that will immediately impact our bottom line. In order to stand out you would need to be intelligent enough to understand the connections between all of our services and grasp what should go where.
You would also need to be business- and customer-oriented and employ critical thinking in order to sharpen the requirements in your assignments together with your Team Lead and our Product team. Lastly, you should be insightful enough to contribute to technical discussions, while also being inquisitive and humble enough to know when to take advice from the other great Engineers on your team.
If this sounds like you, then we can basically guarantee you will love working with us!
Languages / Frameworks: Node.js + TypeScript, gRPC, GraphQL
Data Storage: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, PostgresQL + PostGiS
Processing pipelines: Kafka, SQS
Integration / Deployment: AWS Kubernetes + Helm + Skaffold CircleCI
- Solve challenging problems in a fast-paced and evolving environment while maintaining uncompromising quality
- Design and develop end-to-end high quality features, including deploying and monitoring them in production
- Investigate and solve wide-ranging issues in Production, including communication, memory, and infrastructure issues, to name a few
- Enhance the team’s dev-ops capabilities
- 3+ years of proven experience in software development using Node.js
- Good Knowledge of web application architecture
- High level English
- Experience with TypeScript
- Ability to design and develop complex components independently, dealing with advanced architectural issues – required
- Experience developing event-driven systems
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with microservice architectures
What's in it for you
- Possibility to grow professionally
- Start-up atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Mac workstation
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits