Node.JS Developer for Planorama (Kyiv)
Founded in 2009, Planorama has successfully established itself as the market leader in photo-recognition solutions for retailers, helping FMCGs to improve their sales force effectiveness and boost sales thanks to accurate and comprehensive in-store data collection.
Our strength is our ability to combine technological and business expertise while providing the flexibility and insights our clients need. We strive to provide our partners with actionable KPIs within the shortest time frame thanks to our cutting-edge product-recognition solutions. Our primary goal is to preserve a dynamic and creative spirit in the company while building a high performance team, capable of sustaining our growth and our leading position in the market.
Planorama is an international company with more than 70 members serving clients across the globe through its offices in France, Hungary, United States, Brazil, Singapore, Germany, United Kingdom and South Africa. The diversity of our team, comprising 15 nationalities, combined with our constant goal of excellence, allows us to effectively carry out complex international projects. Planorama has 3 organizational departments: R&D, Sales and Operations (responsible for implementation and delivery).Founded in 2009, Planorama has successfully established itself as the market leader in image recognition solutions for the retail industry, helping consumer good manufacturers such as Coca Cola, Mondelez or Unilever to improve their sales force effectiveness and boost sales thanks to accurate and comprehensive in-store data collection.
Planorama is an international company with more than 80 employees serving clients in more than 40 markets, through its offices in France, Hungary, United States, Brazil, Singapore, Germany, United Kingdom and South Africa. The diversity of our team, comprising 15 nationalities, combined with our constant goal of reaching excellence, allows us to effectively carry out complex international projects.
On behalf of Planorama, Ciklum is looking for Node.js Developer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
You will be part of Web Business Team involved in building analytics services on top of Planorama photo-recognition technology.
We use node.js stack extensively, mongodb as our primary data store and microservices architecture, to deliver data to our FMCG clients and partners in more than 30 countries.
As part of our development process we use GitHub, code reviews, JIRA and Amazon Web Services. We process 1 – 1.5 million photos per month, so we need to be efficient in building our solutions.
We constantly improve our services and build new ones, so you definitely won’t be bored.
- Create multi-level solutions to process the results of image recognition.
- Write robust code to handle big data volumes from MongoDB. We use streams, queues, long-running processes.
- Scale existing services (we are growing rapidly), split and create new ones when needed.
- Make architectural decisions together with other team members, to make sure the communication between services is done in less than no time.
- Developments are managed using the SCRUM agile methodology
- We work on Linux or OS X
- We make pull requests
- We write unit tests
- We have continuous deployment
- Experience with node streams, functional programming, generators, promises, ES2015 and API-driven development
- Express and MongoDB
- Unit testing (Mocha, Chai, Sinon, etc.)
- Strong in Linux / Unix: must be comfortable in terminal
- Deep understanding of HTTP protocol
- Excellent communication and relationship skills and have a “can-do” attitude
- Real world experience using microservices
- Angular / Ember experience is a plus
- js, mongoose, bluebird, lodash experience is a plus
- AWS experience
- Experience with Grunt.js and associated modules
What's in it for you
- 100% covered medical insurance
- MacBook Pro, if desirable
- Regular business trips to client’s offices
- Regular team buildings
- Attending node.js conferences
- A young and dynamic team
- Few hierarchical levels, startup spirit
- Motivating technical constraints
- Full stack competence, mixing frontend and backend development
- An international environment
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions