TUI is the world’s leading tourism group. The broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 400 hotels, 17 cruise liners and many incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. It covers the entire tourism value chain under one roof. This integrated offering enables us to provide our 27 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions. A key feature of our corporate culture is our global responsibility for economic, environmental and social sustainability. This is reflected in more than 20 years of commitment to sustainable tourism. The TUI Group’s share is listed in the FTSE 250 index, in the Quotation Board of the Open Market on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, and regulated Market of the Hanover Stock Exchange.
On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Performance Testing Expert to join our UA team on a full-time basis.
About Quality Engineering Team:
Quality Engineering Center of Excellence is an international award-winning Quality Engineering department that has rapidly evolved over the past 7 years to become a mature Quality Engineering service provider with 300+ professionals working in 7 main directions: QA Consulting and Management, DevOps, Manual, Automation, Support, Performance and Cyber Security.
Our main principles are:
- People are over processes and hierarchy
- Flat and open collaboration/communication increases creativity and brings more value to business
- Investing in people and innovations ensures your future
- Reuse and share your experience – Develop best practices, publicize and follow them
Quality Engineering Center of Excellence is an optimal environment for your professional involvement and growth.
- Determine the performance system requirements and create a Performance Test Strategy and Plan
- Design an Application Simulation Model
- Drive Development scripts and scenarios for performance testing
- Build and maintain monitoring and metric gathering solutions (dashboards) and ensure they meet client’s expectations
- Execute load, stress, volume, endurance tests as required
- Identify potential and ongoing performance and capacity issues of different solution layers, report performance metrics with tuning recommendations
- Assist development teams in code reviews, running up profilers on different layers (DB, code, network, etc.), investigating environment configurations, tuning and supplying remediation activities to performance problems
- Technical leadership, training and mentoring performance team members
- Extensive Performance Engineering and Testing Experience (4+ years)
- Ability to set up Performance testing process from scratch and plan performance testing activities throughout SDLC phases
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks, end-to-end performance measures (server response time, throughput, latency, etc.) and what to be tuned to get better performance and scalability
- In-depth expertise in development approaches for assuring web / mobile application performance needs
- Experience in performance prediction / modeling analysis and application capacity planning during SDLC phases
- Working experience in various Performance testing tools like Jmeter, Gatling, HP LoadRunner, Locust, etc.
- Solid experience in any object-oriented and scripting programming languages (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Experience in reviewing system / deployment architecture and providing recommendations for better performance
- Good experience in measuring/monitoring performance of various layers (web-, app-, DB-server, network and server hardware performance) involved in end-to-end system
- Experience in performance monitoring and APM tools like DataDog,NewRelic, Perfmon, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.
- Experience in using profiling tools like Jprobe, Jconsole, VisualVM, HP Diagnostics, etc, including GC / JVM analysis tools and heap/thread dump analysis tools
- Experience in DB profiling tools like Statspack / SQL profiler, etc.
- Experience in analyzing the application usage traffic using log parsing or other tools like DeepLogAnalyzer, etc.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP stack of protocols
- Working experience with Linux
- Ability to setup and maintain jobs using CI tools i.e. Jenkins
- Experience with Cloud Computing & Cloud services infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong English verbal and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and great interest towards problem analysis and tuning
- Good team player, motivated to solve complex tasks
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centers of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- Constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement