Ciklum is a leading global digital services and software engineering company, serving Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations. Headquartered in the UK, we unite 3,500+ software developers, designers, product managers and data scientists around the world building tailored digital solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
We are enabling digital transformation for some of the largest household names and platforms in the digital economy. Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible and join the global projects redefining industries.
We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Performance Testing Leading Expert to join our team on a full-time basis.
About Quality Engineering Team:
Quality Engineering Center of Excellence is an international award-winning Quality Engineering department that has rapidly evolved over the past 7 years to become a mature Quality Engineering service provider with 300+ professionals working in 7 main directions: QA Consulting and Management, DevOps, Manual, Automation, Support, Performance and Cyber Security.
Our main principles are:
- People are over processes and hierarchy
- Flat and open collaboration/communication increases creativity and brings more value to business
- Investing in people and innovations ensures your future
- Reuse and share your experience – Develop best practices, publicize and follow them
Quality Engineering Center of Excellence is an optimal environment for your professional involvement and growth.
- Determine the performance system requirements and create a Performance Test Strategy and Plan
- Design an Application Simulation Model
- Drive Development scripts and scenarios for performance testing
- Build and maintain monitoring and metric gathering solutions (dashboards) and ensure they meet client's expectations
- Execute load, stress, volume, endurance tests as required
- Identify potential and ongoing performance and capacity issues of different solution layers, report performance metrics with tuning recommendations
- Assist development teams in code reviews, running up profilers on different layers (DB, code, network, etc.), investigating environment configurations, tuning and supplying remediation activities to performance problems
- Technical leadership, training and mentoring performance team members
- Extensive Performance Engineering and Testing Experience (6+ years)
- Ability to set up Performance testing process from scratch and plan performance testing activities throughout SDLC phases
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks, end-to-end performance measures (server response time, throughput, latency, etc.) and what to be tuned to get better performance and scalability
- In-depth expertise in development approaches for assuring web / mobile application performance needs
- Experience in performance prediction / modeling analysis and application capacity planning during SDLC phases
- Working experience in various Performance testing tools like Jmeter, Gatling, HP LoadRunner, Locust, etc.
- Solid experience in any object-oriented and scripting programming languages (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Experience in reviewing system / deployment architecture and providing recommendations for better performance
- Good experience in measuring/monitoring performance of various layers (web-, app-, DB-server, network and server hardware performance) involved in end-to-end system
- Experience in performance monitoring and APM tools like DataDog,NewRelic, Perfmon, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.
- Experience in using profiling tools like Jprobe, Jconsole, VisualVM, HP Diagnostics, etc, including GC / JVM analysis tools and heap/thread dump analysis tools
- Experience in DB profiling tools like Statspack / SQL profiler, etc.
- Experience in analyzing the application usage traffic using log parsing or other tools like DeepLogAnalyzer, etc.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP stack of protocols
- Working experience with Linux
- Ability to setup and maintain jobs using CI tools i.e. Jenkins
- Experience with Cloud Computing & Cloud services infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong English verbal and writing skills
Managerial and Presale experience:
- Leading team of 4+ people at last 2 years
- People management skills
- Deep understanding of interviewing process
- Participating in pre-sale activities
- Experience in conducting Performance solution audit
- Strong analytical skills and great interest towards problem analysis and tuning
- Good team player, motivated to solve complex tasks
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centers of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- Constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Client video presentation