JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of EAT.ch by Just Eat (www.eat.ch), Ciklum is looking for PHP Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
EAT.ch is established online takeaway market leaders in Switzerland. EAT.ch future growth and stability are critical to the wider success of the JUST EAT Group. Our engineering team is responsible for delivering all the changes to EAT.ch high-transactional platform and has a complete feature ownership all the way from initial technical design to ensuring they operate successfully in production at peak times.
- Main focus on coding and debugging
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Develop functional and sustainable applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Collaborate with designers/front end developers/product owner
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Strong knowledge in OOP, SOLID principles, experience in applying them – is a MUST
- Experience with development production-ready solutions
- 2+ years experience with PHP 7, strong knowledge in language-specific features
- 2+ years experience with MySQL
- 1+ year experience with MVC framework Laravel
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience in writing tests using (PHPUnit/Codeception)
- Experience with caching systems (Redis/Memcache)
- Comfortable with Linux/Mac environment
You’ll have an advantage if you have experience of:
- Understanding of application security and industry standards and best practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English
- Continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation