Principal Engineer (Python) for Tubular Labs (Kyiv)
Tubular is the only online video marketing platform that provides actionable insights based on the behavior of over 150 million individual viewers in order to elevate brands and publishers to the forefront of video.
Tubular Audience Dashboard and Tubular Intelligence together create the first easy, instant, and actionable video marketing platform for brands, media companies and multi-channel networks. For enterprises with advanced needs, Tubular’s intelligent video marketing platform options include full-service consulting, content strategy, and paid media planning and optimization.
Only Tubular tracks 1 billion tracks across 30+ platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, Vimeo, AOL, and Yahoo.
We are your actionable intelligence to grow engaged video audiences.
On behalf of Tubular Labs, Ciklum is looking for a Principal Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
We are looking for people who:
- Can design, create, and drive big data projects providing high microservices uptime;
- Has strong Python skills and deeply experienced with at least one of the following technologies: Spark, ElasticSearch, Mesos, MySQL, Cassandra;
- Care about about quality whether it’s code, unittests, business features or documentation;
- Were responsible and delivered at least one big project and can explain how it changed a company/business;
- Understand how relational and distributed databases operate, their design patterns, and real world application;
- Act as a team player and having highly developed communication skills, both toward co-programmers and a project manager;
- Can work well autonomously, without close supervision, ready to take personal responsibility for projects and deliverables;
- Strong English, both written and spoken;
- Able to travel to the United States for occasional business trips to the company’s headquarters.
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems;
- Experienced in writing unit and integration tests who put code quality and readability in the first place;
- Focused on delivering value to the business with minimum lines of code;
- Eager to learn, who already participate or want to contribute to open-source projects;
- Strong English.
- Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility;
- Innovative in his/her work.
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- S. Business trips twice in a year;
- Workstation configuration upon employee request;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Friendly and trusted environment where all ideas are heard.