Ciklum is a leading global digital services and software engineering company, serving Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations. Headquartered in the UK, we unite 3,500+ software developers, designers, product managers and data scientists around the world building tailored digital solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
We are enabling digital transformation for some of the largest household names and platforms in the digital economy. Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible and join the global projects redefining industries.
We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Ciklum Digital, we are looking for a Principle Lead Automation QA Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
About Quality Engineering Team:
Quality Engineering Center of Excellence is an international award-winning Quality Engineering department that has rapidly evolved over the past 7 years to become a mature Quality Engineering service provider with 500+ professionals working in 7 main directions: QA Consulting and Management, DevOps, Manual, Automation, Support, Performance and Cyber Security.
Our main principles are:
People are over processes and hierarchy.
Flat and open collaboration/communication increases creativity and brings more value to business.
Investing in people and innovations ensures your future.
Reuse and share your experience – Develop best practices, publicize and follow them.
- Act as a technical consultant for various teams with different automation approaches (BDD, TDD, ATDD, etc.)
- Setup automation processes, approaches, frameworks, tools, and team composition from scratch in a limited time frame
- Perform audit activities of test solutions, development processes, test infrastructure and QA tools and providing recommendations (QA Audit)
- Ensure code quality across all assigned projects with periodic reviews of work
- Support all phases of company’s activities: discovery / pre-sales
- Be actively involved in new projects launch as Test Automation expert
- Participate in building of long-term vision and strategy for Automation Unit
- Support and drive strategic internal initiatives
- Define standards and best practices within quality: processes, approaches, frameworks, tools
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Lead innovation by exploring new technologies, showing others how to leverage those discoveries through proof-of-concept implementations and knowledge sharing sessions
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, hiring weeks, and on-boarding new employees
- Manage AQA engineers and help them develop their careers, participate in Grading of AQA team members
- Mentor AQA individuals, growing their skillset by training them on new technologies, advising areas of study, and teaching them about the standard implementations and patterns
- 7+ years of professional experience in QA Automation of Web/Mobile and backend API testing
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of AQA engineers of varied skill levels (minimum 7+ team members)
- Knowledge of testing specifics for different application types (Web, backend, mobile, embedded, high load, SaaS, etc.)
- Experience with different business domains (Fintech, Retail, Automotive, eCommerce etc.)
- Hands-on experience with different testing practices (BDD, TDD, ATDD)
- Strong experience in creation of automation frameworks from scratch
- Deep understanding of SOLID principles and design patterns, hands-on experience applying them into test frameworks
- Coding proficiency in Java
- Solid experience with test automation tools like Selenium (or similar) and grids
- Exposure to various web technologies such as gRPC, SOAP, REST, and OData
- Hands-on experience with API testing frameworks or raw HTTP clients
- Experience with different test runners
- Experience of working with version control systems (e.g. GIT, SVN and others)
- Strong experience with continuous integration processes and tools (Jenkins, TeamCity or similar). CI tools setup, tuning and configuration
- Virtualization (Docker, Vagrant etc)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Good English skills – Upper-Intermediate or higher
- Virtualization environment management skills
- Development of the mock/stub services
- Experience working with DB (MongoBD, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with cloud-based automation solutions like Browserstack, AWS Device Farm or similar
- Self-motivated to continually learn and adopt the latest industry innovations and technology
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Good team player, motivated to solve complex tasks
- Good analytical skills
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Close cooperation with client
- Constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Client video presentation