On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Principal Lead of Java Unit to join the team on a full-time basis.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to be a part of a growing business in the software engineering industry.
This role will lead a team of 50+ market leading specialists.
The perfect candidate would be a proactive and high-performance leader with proven managerial experience, able to deliver to challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with experience in building world class data solutions and products to service multiple clients across varied industries.
We use a modern technological stack, based mainly on: Java 12, Spring Boot, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon AWS, Git and Oracle Database.
- Take an active part in implementation of technical strategy for Java team and drive continuous innovation culture within the team
- Ensure results of the Java team are communicated internally and recognised on the global arena; drive educational and knowledge sharing events
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance on Java related matters to internal and external clients, bearing on the successful use of complex products and services
- Support the Sales Team and help customers clarify their requirements, contribute to preparing and supporting bids and sales proposals
- Participate in projects and deliver high end data solutions as a leading expert
- Ensure Java solutions / products are embedded into all Ciklum Digital offerings
- Lead the team of engaged talents, ensure high performance and continuous development in compliance with Ciklum processes (e.g. workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, performance management, evaluation, retention, etc); support timely internal rotation and bench management
- Ensure team organisational effectiveness e.g. via maintaining healthy seniority mix
- Resourcing – develop plans to ensure that the organisation has appropriately skilled talent to meet organisational objectives and commitments
- Performance management – manage individuals and groups, set performance targets, monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria
- Knowledge management – provide advice, guidance and support to adopt and embed best-practice approaches to information and knowledge management into all areas of their work
- Learning delivery – plan, schedule and deliver learning activities, based on learning objectives
- Change management – develop implementation plans for complex requests for change and lead implementation of those changes
- Relationship management – facilitate business decision-making processes, ensure open communication and discussion between stakeholders is in place
- Innovation – execute innovation processes via developing, evolving and adopting new market trends, tools, processes
- Strategic planning – drive and contribute to the development of policies, standards and guidelines for strategy development and planning
- 6+ years in Engineering or Technology roles
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication including superior presentation skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
- Recent experience in the delivery of large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to assess and report technical debt, compliance, and other risks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into Technical solutions
What's in it for you
- Working in a creative and dynamic team environment
- Great opportunities for career and professional growth (attending events, HR networking, workshops etc)
- Possibilities to work in a big and successful company (Best IT Employer 2010)
- Long-term full-time employment