On behalf of SmartBear, Ciklum is looking for a Product Owner to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
The Product Owner (PO) is the primary content owner and customer voice to our agile development teams.
As PO you will work with the greater product development team including the Product Management and Engineering organizations. In an ideal scenario, this role is co-located with our engineering teams, with remote interaction back to our centralized Product Management organization.
From a Product Management standpoint, the PO is responsible for working with the Product Manager to define and prioritize stories in the product backlog. Alignment with the strategic priorities for the product is critical as you will need to define, prioritize and coordinate the backlog in order to meet the overarching product goals.
On a day-to-day basis, the PO spends the majority of time working with one or two agile scrum teams. In this role, the PO is responsible for being the voice of the customer to the team. This includes ensuring the conceptual and technical integrity of features developed by the team. Just in time clarification, understanding of dependencies and interactions are critical to this role as it strives to remove friction from the development process. Ultimately, The PO is responsible for accepting or rejecting stories that are ready for release.
SmartBear is looking for curious, well-rounded PO candidates, experienced working in a geographically diverse company, building complex technical products.
SmartBear Software provides enterprise-class, yet affordable tools for development teams that care about software quality and performance. Our collaboration, performance profiling and testing tools already help more than 100,000 developers, testers, and operations professionals build & deliver some of the best software applications and websites in the world. SmartBear Software help teams improve software quality and performance throughout the entire application life cycle through programming excellence; code review, QA efficiency & automation; and Web and Mobile application monitoring and performance optimization. We help software teams build great software.
- Provide the voice of the customer to the development team
- Contribute to product planning activities
- Translate strategic goals into tangible work for engineering teams
- Own, refine and manage team backlog(s)
- Story prioritization
- Story acceptance
- Maintain conceptual and technical integrity of developed features
- Iteration planning
- Story elaboration and clarification
- Understanding of scope and dependencies of work within and across teams
- Facilitate feature/program increment demos
- Participate in reviews and retrospectives
- Work an alternative schedule from 10:00 to 19:00 EET Monday – Friday
- 1-3 years of product management/owner experience
- 5+ years of software development market experience
- Experience with various licensing and deployment models, including SaaS and on premise
- Experience driving a high velocity, low-friction business model
- Possess outstanding problem-solving and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clearly understanding and articulating the value your products provide to users
- Ability to organize, lead and collaborate, with other Product Managers, Product Owners, and Software Engineering
- Logically thinking, critically, and constructively about complex problems
- Clearly communicate findings, and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Exhibit and encourage a culture of innovation in everything you do
- Be curious and willing to challenge the status quo to create value for our customers and remove friction that slows the team down
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication (English), capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Business Administration or related field
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Benefits including competitive industry salaries, health insurance, dental insurance, Bike-to-Work Scheme and an attractive Pension Scheme
- Office in Gulliver. Nice view in every weather