On behalf of our New Client, Ciklum is looking for a QA Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
We’re looking for a QA Engineer who has a passion for creating, testing and delivering world class products, to join our new QA team. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business.
You will be part of the Scrum Development team and work on our main applications.
In this role, you’ll be a driving force in the engineering development of our product. You will take the lead of the Quality, help your teammates to resolve complex problems, and work closely with Product & Design Teams.
You’ll leave every day knowing you made a difference.
Our Vision: Improving the well-being of people, from A to Z.
Our Mission: Makewell-being affordable and accessible for the many not the few building trust not constraint.
Our Ambition: Become the European Leader of well-being, for individual as well as companies.
About the Client:
Our client’s company were founded in 2012 and recently raised 4M€ to build a more robust and senior organization. They did acquired findababysitter in the UK and want to continue our expansion across Europe. They are now established in 15 countries, helping people and companies to find well-being services. The company also help professionals to find a job and provide a great experience to our consumers.
As there’s much to come like: launching new countries, extending our services to provide a 360 experience, launching a new B2B digital offer to revolutionize traditional-boring Employe Assistance Program, offering new care services; we continue to invest a lot in Technology.
Our Tech Team came from 15 to 30 persons in less than 8 months and we plan to recruit more and more. We have multi-disciplinary jobs in our great Technology team: Data, Design, Product, Developers, QA and Dev-Ops giving us the capacity and authority to quickly experiment our ideas. We are Customer Centric and our Customer Success Team is also based in our HQ in Paris (next to Tech). This is helping us in providing a top-notch customer experience on daily basis. We know what is a feedback-loop 🙂
Finally we are an open-minded team of 70 with strong values, all going to the same direction. We work hard to make everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things. We care about our Users and we care about our People.
- As a QA Engineer, you and your team will be responsible for looking after the continuous integration and delivery processes best practices. These best practices when implemented will be used to facilitate product delivery and allow developers to deploy code in a reliable way.
- Work closely with Product Managers to ensure that delivery and quality expectations are clearly understood.
- Become the trusted authority in QA matters, with a strong evidence-based case for why a release is ready to ship.
- Be able to execute tests in an effective manner, balancing the need for some documentation with the need for delivery in a small team.
- Clarify ambiguous scope; you should be one of the team members who can spot requirements that are open to different interpretations.
- Ensure that your releases have the right level of test coverage, including unit, functional and performance tests. .
- In this role you will be asked to work with multiple other teams too, Data, Dev-Ops and Mobile.
- Product Definition – contributes to the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Managers
- Technical Ownership – consistently produces high quality software which fits the team’s expectations and best practices
- Continuous improvement – ensures continuous improvements by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective
- Tracking Progress – tracks the progress being made towards the wider goals of the team, and transparently communicates this with the team, our Tech Ops Lead and CTPO
- As a member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate the following principles:
- No limits, just opportunities: Design and build great software, look beyond the limits
- Caring matters : Help, support, coach and empower your teammates
- Faster, Better, Simpler: Move fast with confidence, Secure, Stable, Scalable, fast and reliable platform
- Share everywhere: Share ideas, concept, information, pitch, stand
- Build together: Empower your colleagues, build Trust, Keep control and offer Transparency
- Work as a game: Scale efficiency in a great working atmosphere
- Learn to learn: Stay in touch with the next technologies and trends
Our technical stack:
- Our Android apps are entirely written in Kotlin
- Our iOS apps are entirely written in Swift 3 (+Xcode 9)
- We’re currently switching from a REST API to a GraphQL API
- For that migration we’re switching from Retrofit to Apollo
- PHP7, MariaDB, VueJS, ES, Redis, Varnish hosted on AWS stack
- Scrum with 7 days sprints and classic Product process (from Grooming, Planning/Prio, Daily stand-ups, Demos, QA, Release, Follow-up, Retro)
- Event oriented platform with Dataviz on: Tableau, Amplitude, GA, Superset
- Customer Interview, Design Sprint, OKR
- Being able to manage all QA activities during a weekly distributed agile environment, including:
- Manual QA (mainly Mobile)
- Writing acceptance criteria
- Establishing how much testing is needed based on risk
- Exploratory testing
- Experience of configuration management
- Experience querying databases, server logs and fault finding
- Automated testing using Selenium (or similar)
- Curiosity and desire to learn new technologies
- Product-oriented mindset and customer satisfaction as first objective
- Good oral and written communication
- 2+ years as a QA Engineer
- Like to care, help, train and coach others
- Fluent in English
- Working within an e-commerce business where reliability is critical
- PHP Skills
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the
authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- The opportunity to become an authoritative voice within the engineering team of a successful and still fast growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out. Pick your metric, set a hypothesis and prove it.
- An open, innovative , friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Ability to open source code that you work on.
- Open minded approach to development practices. We work asynchronously and use the tools we have effectively, keeping you in the zone for as long as possible.
- All the hardware you need to get your job done.
- The option to use open source code to solve problems. Do not reinvent the wheel.
- A balance between adding product features and improving the code base. We hate technical debt.
- Join a fast growing company with a lot of ambition.
- This job opportunity is located in Kiev, Ukraine.