LanguageWire (https://www.languagewire.com/) is a global translation services provider. We have built our own platform with a strong focus on automation and machine learning.
We have multiple teams developing parts of the combined solution: a business process management system, connectors for CMS and PIM systems, a web-based CAT tool, machine translation and NLP services.
Our team works on the core tools used for the translation process delivered as a set of micro services and we also own the public REST API. The team is located in the center of Kyiv, at the Gulliver BC. The team consists of 3 developers, a QA engineer and a product director. We do iterative development being close to our customers and releasing new features approximately every 3 weeks. We prefer direct communication over bureaucracy.
At LanguageWire we mostly use the Microsoft technology stack (we are three times Gold Microsoft partners), hosts most things on our own servers. A dedicated team of IT administrators and DevOps Engineers are responsible for the infrastructure. We are currently transitioning from a private cloud to a hybrid cloud strategy, leveraging containerization and infrastructure by code approach.
All platform development teams work according the “You build it, you run it” paradigm. We operate an enterprise class, highly available 24x7 platform. It’s the responsibility of each developer to make sure that the services run smoothly. Observable services and deep monitoring are key to make data driven decisions for the architecture and operations.
We are currently transitioning from a private cloud to a hybrid cloud strategy, leveraging containerization and infrastructure by code approach. Our core services handle huge amounts of documents and XML data, so it’s paramount to focus on performance scalability of our services.
On behalf of LanguageWire, Ciklum is looking for a QA Engineer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a quality assurance engineer who will work together with the existing team across all our services:
- You will be working closely with the senior QA engineer to ensure the team releases stable and consistent features across all our services
- It is important that you are familiar with common test strategies. Tests needs to be documented, planned and executed
- We want to automate as much of our regression testing as possible. Creating new tests and maintaining existing tests will be part of your job. Load testing is another example of automated testing we are using actively
- Our system consists of many micro services connected with REST API’s and Async messaging, you must be able to locate configuration issues on the application level for a test environment
- Most of our services are background workers without any UI. We do a lot of document processing, writing various parsers, readers and writers. Our services also store records in databases on the SQL Server
- We expect you to have a natural interest in learning the details of our translation process and translation tools
- We are a relatively small team and QA engineers are also in charge of investigation of production incidents/complex support issues
- Experience with QA documentation and QA procedures
- QA test planning (TFS)
- Automated as well as manual testing skills
- REST/HTTP basics
- SQL basics
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Experience with C#
- Experience in automation testing
What's in it for you
- An amazing work environment, where you can really make a difference
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Interesting tasks, challenging your wit
- An opportunity to speak English on daily basis – team has a lot of meetings with English speaking colleagues
- A deluxe, modern office in the center of Kyiv