At Tictrac we have a simple mission: to change the way people look after themselves, for good. We’re trying to achieve this via a multi-device health and lifestyle platform that provides users with lifestyle plans and support tailored to their wellbeing goals.
Our platform syncs with 100s of monitoring devices (think Fitbit, Jawbone etc.) and popular diet and fitness apps, allows users to compete in fitness challenges and delivers goal-based programs designed with input from leading personal trainers and experts in behaviour change.
Rather than being supplied directly to consumers, our platform is licensed, globally, by health, insurance and government organisations keen to engage their audience in lifestyle, fitness and wellbeing to reduce the risk of major health conditions.
On behalf of Tictrac (https://tictrac.com/) Ciklum is looking for a QA Engineer to join our team in Lviv on a full-time basis.
Working as a QA Engineer, you will work as part of a cross-functional team that uses Agile methodologies and will develop and execute functional and nonfunctional tests. As a custodian of the quality of our product, you will ensure that new developments provide the anticipated functionality and that current functionality is unaffected.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Designing, developing and executing test cases.
- Identifying, reporting, documenting and tracking bugs to closure.
- Communicating test results, as well as any errors or issues discovered during testing, to Testing, Engineering and Management teams.
- Performing manual exploratory tests on selected functional areas of the platform.
- Performing regular Smoke and Regression tests.
- Retesting resolved defects.
- Actively contributing to the work of a dedicated feature team, from the design stage through to the final solution.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Handling multiple projects with changing priorities and ensuring that you meet concurrent deadlines.
- Building, maintaining and supporting test environments.
- Becoming familiar with software under test and any other supporting tools.
- Assisting product managers in elaborating the acceptance criteria.
- Preserving and growing your knowledge of the Tictrac platform and QA procedures.
- Staying up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven track record in software quality assurance.
- 3 years’ + experience of testing Web and native Mobile applications (iOS & Android).
- At least 2 years’ experience in writing automation tests for mobile applications using Appium (preferred) or Calabash / Selenium.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Understanding of BDD concept and Cucumber framework.
- Proven programming skills, preferably Java.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts with experience in integration automation tests into CI environment.
- Working knowledge of at least one issue management tool e.g. Jira.
- Understanding the principles and standards of good bug reporting.
- Ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience of working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development environment.
- Knowledge of common web debugging/monitoring tools e.g. Chrome DevTools.
- Experience of using test management tools.
- Advanced English skills.
- ISTQB / ISEB Foundation Certified or equivalent knowledge.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or another engineering related subject.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- A highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to remain calm and work well under pressure.
- Can take ownership and work independently on large technical projects.
- Demonstrable ability and willingness to think in terms of product/business as a whole.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and initiative.
What's in it for you
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with the warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client