Ciklum is looking for a Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Release Train Engineer (RTE), become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and Agile Release Train (ART) coach who facilitates ART events and processes, and supports teams in delivering value. They communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. An ART typically has between 5 and 12 squads containing between 50 and 100 people.
The RTE facilitates ART practices and Program /Product Increment (PI) execution. They escalate impediments, manage risk, and help ensure value delivery and relentless improvement. RTEs also often participate in the Lean-Agile transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Master/Team Coaches in the new mindset and processes. They also help adapt SAFe to the organization’s needs, standardizing and documenting practices.
About the Client:
Our client is building the leading enterprise AI SaaS company for digital transformation across the most critical and resilient growth industries, including retail, consumer packaged goods, financial crime prevention, manufacturing, media, and IT service management. Since its founding in 2017, our client serves 1500+ Enterprise customers globally and has grown to 2,500 talented leaders, data scientists, and other professionals across over 20 countries.
The RTE is focused primarily on the five following activities
Facilitating PI planning
- Facilitate planning readiness by ensuring strategic alignment, preparing Product Managers, Product Owners, Architects and Squads with necessary content, and managing the logistics of the event, whether in- person or remote
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate the PI planning event – lead and facilitate the entire planning process, from opening the event and setting the context to managing team activities, reviews, risk assessments, and closing with a retrospective and forward planning instructions
Supporting PI Execution
- Track Progress: Assist in tracking Feature execution in the ART, coordinate impediment removal, escalate unresolved team issues, and schedule and facilitate System Demos to measure progress
- Facilitate Synchronization Events: Manage ART sync, System Demos, and PI system demos, handling PI risks and dependencies with the ROAM technique and ART planning board
- Support ART Backlog Refinement: Collaborate with key Product Managers, Product Owners and Technical Leads to align the backlog with strategic objectives and ensure effective backlog management
- Promote DevOps and Continuous Delivery: Advocate for DevOps practices and the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, coordinating releases and additional activities to achieve the definition of done
- Assist Business Owners and Coordinate Planning: Support economic decision-making for epics, facilitate feature estimation, adhere to Lean Budgets and Guardrails, and coordinate planning with other ARTs, including setting annual calendars
Coaching the ART
- Coach with powerful questions
- Coach Scrum Masters in ART, team event, practices and drive consistency across all entire ART in events such as PI planning, system demos, Inspect & Adapt, iteration planning, review, retrospective and backlog refinement
- Coach ART roles – Product Owners, Architects, and Product Managers and encourage collaboration between squads and ART roles
- Adapt and utilise various tools, such as the ART Kanban, Scrum, and others, to ensure a smooth flow of value
- Establish ART flow measures across the three measurement domains of Outcomes (Do our solutions meet the needs of our customers and the business? – KPIs, OKRs, Iteration Goals, PI Objectives ) , Flow (How efficient is the organisation at delivering value to the customer? – Distribution, Velocity, Time, Load, Efficiency, Predictability), and Competency (How proficient is the organisation in the practices that enable business agility?)
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART) ,through a team of agile squads. Implementation of best practices within SAFe / LeSS and delivery of continuous improvement to systems, controls, and processes
- Help the ART define the development value stream’s teps, identifying handoffs, bottlenecks, and delays highlighting the total flow time needed to fulfill a request while spotlighting areas for improvement
- Reduce or eliminate cross-squad dependencies by applying Team Topologies and reviewing patterns from the ART planning board
- Support just-in-time improvement throughout the PI, leveraging the Coach and PO syncs, Communities of Practice, and promote the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
- Help teams and trains improve on the technical and business practices needed to achieve the larger aim of the portfolio
- Worked as an RTE in the immediate 3-5 years and an experienced Scrum Master prior to that
- Lead an ART of at least 5-8 squads in a complex, high-performing, diverse and geographically distributed environment
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of navigating organisation structures up to ‘C’ level, network and influence stakeholders
- SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification or equivalent
- Previous experience in an operational and / or strategic leadership role in a commercially orientated and / or regulated environment
- Previous Programme Management delivery experience
- Listen to and support squads in problem identification and decision-making
- Create an environment of mutual influence
- Understand and empathize with others
- Encourage and support the personal development of each individual and the development of teams
- Think beyond day-to-day activities and apply systems thinking
- Support the squads commitments
- Be open and appreciate openness in others
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-site in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Discover the pros of 20-year global experience! Join one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, awarded as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Ciklum has been recognised as a veteran-friendly business by the Veteran Hub in Ukraine.
We’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for veterans and developing processes that meet their needs. We value the skills and unique perspectives military veterans can bring to our business and are willing to support their transition to civilian life.
Be bold, not bored!
Experiences of tomorrow. Engineered together
We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. Can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.