ONZO is a global leader in consumer energy data and analytics. ONZO combines the science of energy analytics with disaggregation, lifestyle behavior analysis and probabilistic forecasting to give utilities and their customers unprecedented insights into how, where and when energy is used. Leveraging granular smart meter data, ONZO’s patented algorithms result in richer, highly accurate, customer-specific insights with actionable outcomes that help utilities improve customer engagement and energy efficiency, while reducing churn and creating new revenue opportunities.
ONZO is building a broad and complex SaaS platform to deliver their patented machine learning and analytics techniques at scale, and deliver the benefits of this augmented data back to both utilities and their customers through API’s or web applications.
On behalf of ONZO, Ciklum is looking for Scala Developers to join our new team in Wroclaw, Poland on a full-time basis.
We are seeking an outstanding software engineer to join our Engineering team to develop, release and support great products. You will be working with ONZO’s our data scientists, developers and other specialists to integrate and deploy their product, ensure that features get developed safely, tested thoroughly, deployed quickly and will run smoothly. This role plays a critical part in the success of ONZO’s products, maintaining our existing high standards and continually looking to raise the bar going forward. The ideal candidate combines strong technical credentials with the ability to inspire and a desire to reinforce ONZO’s profile as a place of engineering excellence.
- Design, document, and develop new features / applications in response to the Clients’ needs and our business development direction / strategy
- Provide 2nd level support to Client facing application support teams, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Technically contributing to medium-scale projects, resolving issues and researching to determine a solution
- Designing and implementing the lifecycle of a system or feature
- Proposing, developing, reviewing and revising new procedures
- Troubleshooting problems of a complex nature
- Previous experience of working with Scala
- Exposure to key supporting technologies such as Akka, ScalaTest, Play, Cats and Shapeless
- Ability to demonstrate good working knowledge of SBT and JVM’s
- Willingness to learn and use functional programming practices
- Proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, performant and high quality products
- Focus on rapid development through iteration in an agile environment
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- You will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of :
- Jira / Confluence
- Knowledge of SaaS (Software as a Service) environments, hosted solutions and API based solutions
- Open mindset
- Self-starter who can own functional components
- Strong logic and analytical skills, with the ability to rapidly absorb and understand complex business problems
- Drive for continual improvement
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
What's in it for you
Core programming languages and frameworks / libraries include functional Scala, Akka, Cats and Shapeless. ONZO’s entire stack runs on Amazon Web Services utilizing technologies such as;
- EC2, S3 and Route 53
- Google’s TensorFlow library for Machine Learning
Apart from that you can also have:
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with paid vacation and other social benefits ( private medical insurance, life insurance, a premium multisport card and much more)
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office at BC SkyTower with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.