Senior Performance Engineer / Technical QA lead for Testing Center of Excellence (Kyiv)
Ciklum Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) is a software quality assurance unit in Ciklum, which has been evolved very rapidly for the past 4 years to a mature SQA services provider, concurrently serving up to 30 projects, consisting of 70+ SQA professionals, delivering 5 main service lines.
Our main principles are:
- People are over processes and hierarchy
- Flat and open collaboration/communication increases creativity and brings more value to the business
- Investing in people and innovations ensures your future
- Reuse and share your experience - Develop best practices, publicize and follow them
Testing Center of Excellence is an optimal environment for your professional involvement and growth.
Testing Center of Excellence is a unique provider of QA Services and QA Consulting in the following areas:
- Manual Web / Mobile QA Services
- eCommerce QA Services
- Automation QA Services
- Performance QA Services
- Security QA Services
- QA Consulting
Testing Center of Excellence Team has the following certificates:
- QA area - 46 certificates - ISTQB Foundation
- QA area - 3 certificates - ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst & Test Manager
- Scrum Master area - 29 certificates - ICAgile Certified Professional
- Security area - 2 certificate - Offensive Security Certified Professional
- Finalist for the European Software Testing Awards (2015, 2016) https://www.ciklum.com/ciklum-shortlisted-for-the-european-software-testing-awards-2015/, https://www.ciklum.com/press-releases/ciklum-named-as-a-finalist-at-the-european-software-testing-awards-2016/
- European IT and Software Excellence Awards http://www.iteawards.com/content/2016-finalists
On behalf of Testing Center of Excellence, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Performance Engineer / Technical QA lead to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
- Determine the performance system requirements and Performance Test Strategy and Plan;
- Design a Application Simulation Model;
- Develop scripts and scenarios for performance testing;
- Build and maintain monitoring and metric gathering solutions (dashboards) and ensure they meet client’s expectations;
- Execute load, stress, volume, endurance tests as required;
- Identify potential and ongoing performance and capacity issues of different solution layers, report performance metrics with tuning recommendations.
- Assist development teams in code reviews, running up profilers on different layers (DB, code, network, etc.), investigating environment configurations, tuning and supplying remediation activities to performance problems;
- Technical leadership, training and mentoring performance team members.
- Extensive Performance Engineering and Testing Experience (4+ years);
- Ability to set up Performance testing process from scratch and plan performance testing activities throughout SDLC phases;
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks, end-to-end performance measures (server response time, throughput, latency, etc.) and what to be tuned to get better performance and scalability;
- In-depth expertise in development approaches for assuring web / mobile application performance needs;
- Experience in performance prediction / modeling analysis and application capacity planning during SDLC phases;
- Working experience in various Performance testing tools like Jmeter, Gatling, HP LoadRunner, Locust, etc.;
- Solid experience in any object-oriented and scripting programming languages (Java, C#, Python, etc.);
- Experience in reviewing system / deployment architecture and providing recommendations for better performance;
- Good experience in measuring/monitoring performance of various layers (web-, app-, DB-server, network and server hardware performance) involved in end-to-end system;
- Experience in performance monitoring and APM tools like NewRelic, Perfmon, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.;
- Experience in using profiling tools like Jprobe, Jconsole, VisualVM, HP Diagnostics, etc, including GC / JVM analysis tools and heap/thread dump analysis tools;
- Experience in DB profiling tools like Statspack / SQL profiler, etc;
- Experience in analyzing the application usage traffic using log parsing or other tools like DeepLogAnalyzer, etc.;
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP stack of protocols;
- Working experience with Linux;
- Ability to setup and maintain jobs using CI tools i.e. Jenkins;
- Strong English verbal and writing skills.
- Good analytical skills and great interest towards problem analysis and tuning
- Good team player, motivated to solve complex tasks
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Very close cooperation with client
- Possibility to propose solutions on a project
- Dynamic and challenging tasks.
- Ability to influence project technologies.
- A team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills. Low bureaucracy, European management style.
- Continuous self-improvement.
- ISTQB Certification preparation and compensation
- QA knowledge sharing meetings
Client video presentationApply via site