Senior Android Engineer for Just Eat (Kyiv)
JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking to hire an Senior Android Engineer who has a passion for creating world class products. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business. You’ll work closely with the Technology Manager to set objectives that cover our France and Switzerland markets
- Product Definition – contributes to the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Managers
- Technical Ownership – consistently produces high quality software which fits the team’s expectations and best practices
- Continuous improvement – ensures continuous improvements by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective
- Tracking Progress – tracks the progress being made towards the wider goals of the team, and transparently communicates this with the team and Technology Manager
- Operating – takes responsibility for deploying and supporting their changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
- Communicate – transparently communicates on their progress and discusses ideas with their team and Technology Manager. Shares new development practices, patterns, standards with the team
- Gets involved in the definition of product features, and in workshops with their team
- Knowledge and application of the Android Architecture Components within an MVP and MVVM context
- Integrating with APIs using Retrofit and RxJava
- Knowledge of how and what to track user actions with analytics providers
- Understand the benefits to modular application construction
- Building responsive apps that support a myriad of form factors out of the box
- Launching and supporting non-trivial apps in the Google Play Store
- Unit testing skills a must
- UI testing skills (with Espresso or equivalent) a must
- Working within an e-commerce business where reliability is critical
- Experience as to how to whitelabel apps
- Knowledge of running A/B experiments on mobile and the A/B testing limitations on mobile
- Kotlin (we’re early on in our journey to Kotlin Nirvana!)
- Google’s Dagger2
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- The opportunity to become an authoritative voice within the engineering team of a successful and still fast-growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out. Pick your metric, set a hypothesis and prove it.
- An open, Innovative , friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Hackathons every quarter – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
- Open minded approach to development practices. We work asynchronously and use the tools we have effectively, keeping you in the zone for as long as possible.
- A balance between adding product features and improving the code base. We hate technical debt.
- Join a fast-growing company that is also the clear market leader.