Senior Android Platform Engineer for Just Eat (Kyiv)
JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Android Platform Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
With our growing Android device estate Just Eat expects to have more than 60,000 devices in restaurants by the end of the year. To manage this scale and support teams deploying to these devices we need to create a device infrastructure team.
This opportunity will see you become part of a team building low level application to interact with the Android OS. Enabling remote changes, analysis of device performance and application rollouts to a closed network of devices.
- Leading Android development in the team
- Working closely with backend developers
- Working closely with teams building restaurant applications
- Building applications to surface low level device information
- Building tools to remotely support the devices
- Production support
- Java Kotlin experience
- Strong believe in TDD
- Pragmatic approach to Engineering
- Ability to drive requirements
- Support and mentor others
- Agile experience
- .Net API development
- Google BigQuery
- React or other web development experience
- AWS experience
- Mobile Device Management tool experience.
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
- Wherever in the world you work for us you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on our business and our customers.