Ciklum is looking for a Senior Automation QA Engineer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Automation QA Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
Headquartered in New York City, our Client is simplifying the data center and redefining how organizations interact with data with its Universal Storage concept. They are looking for innovative, talented and hard-working people to join their fast-growing team.
You will work in an environment where collaborating on ideas, questioning assumptions and rethinking the nature of the problem is as fundamental as the air they breathe. Where you thrive on finding new ways to move forward. Where you are challenged to reject incremental gains in favor of finding bold paths that can altogether change the nature of computing. Imagine the vast difference this would make.
Their team thrives in an informal and collaborative environment where team members are encouraged to grow beyond the confines of their job description or role.
- Develop automated backend tests
- Integrate automated scripts into CI/CD process
- Develop, maintain and expand automated testing infrastructure
- Devise and document test frameworks, coding standards, preferred design patterns, and development methodologies
- Ensure code quality with peer reviews to ensure guidelines and standards are followed
- Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the Product as a part of test automation process
- Make conclusion and report about the quality of the product under test
- Collaborate with other members of the QA team to automate the manual test processes
- Manage, analyze and mitigate testing risks
- Onboarding of new team members on the project
- 4+ years of professional experience in QA Automation of complex backend/API testing
- Deep understanding of SOLID, OOP principles and design patterns, hands-on experience applying them into test frameworks
- Experience with different test runners
- Experience with Linux; shell scripting: Python, bash
- Coding proficiency in Python/Java (with readiness to switch to Python)
- Knowledge of SQL and no-SQL DBs (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis etc.)
- Experience of working with version control systems (e.g. GIT, SVN and others)
- Strong experience with continuous integration processes and tools (Jenkins or similar). CI tools setup, tuning and configuration
- Virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of test theory and methodology
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum/Kanban development environment
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Good English skills – Upper-Intermediate or higher
- Experience in development
- Knowledge of File Systems (NAS) / Block-level Storage / storage networking protocols
- Experience with message brokers/queues: SQS, SNS, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc
- Experience with cloud solutions like AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Integration of GDPR principles in automated testing
- Works under general direction, accepts guidance and has work reviewed at agreed milestones
- Has working-level contact with customers and colleagues
- May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects
- Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently
- Contributes fully to the work of teams
What's in it for you
- Close cooperation with the client
- A constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Continuous self-improvement
Seize the perks of 20 years of experience with one of the largest IT companies in Ukraine, which was recognized as one of the top 10 employers in Ukraine by Forbes.
Boost your skills and make a difference with cutting-edge projects, skilled colleagues and the latest tech stacks.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.