We are a proud subsidiary of Vitol, the world’s biggest independent oil trader with 40 offices worldwide. For the last half-century, Vitol has served the world’s energy markets efficiently and responsibly, now trading over seven million barrels of crude oil a day, and delivering energy products on a global scale.
Leveraging this credibility, considerable expertise and infrastructure in the world of oil, VavaCars is making a move into the used car marketplace.
Merging the tech and auto worlds we are building the first of its kind start-up offering in the world.
To deliver this vision, we have already brought on board some of the best in their field from around the world and now we are on the hunt to find the brightest and the best to scale and grow our teams.
On behalf of VavaCars company, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Automation QA Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Automation QA Engineer to play an important role in building a new C2B2B online used car marketplace (VavaCars) that leverages our extensive network of petrol stations and worldwide respected brand of our parent company, Vitol. As a technology-first start-up we ‘Dive Deep’ across all our customer and business KPIs. We believe in detail and thus, use our data to optimise our processes, drive action, and deliver results.
You will be a strong advocate for great engineering practices and enjoy teaching these to your team. You are astute to sense weaknesses in our product or code and steer QA efforts to “pull the thread” and identify the root cause of problems. You want to deliver value quickly and fail fast. Learning new skills comes naturally. Details matter.
The role would suit someone who is inquisitive and a perfectionist by nature with extreme attention to detail. You should be as comfortable carrying out manual tests systematically as you would be automating them. At times, you should be ready to be our “chief investigator” and carry out root cause analysis to help us fault find tricky problems.
- Develop\analyse existing test cases for a product to be automated
- Build\improve automation solution to perform UI end-to-end testing as well as API
- Automate tests where practical and possible, to provide a comprehensive and efficient regression testing capability
- Help the team to improve test process with automation
- Help to build fully automated testing pipeline to cover business flows
- Maintain and update existing automation and manual testing solution for web application and number of services on all levels of test pyramid
- Load tests: create new\extend existing
- Setup and maintain automated test pipelines
- Analyze automated test results
- 4+ years of QA experience
- Recent experience with programming languages such as C# and .NET Core framework
- Good understanding of OOP principles, SOLID, OOD, software development and automation patterns etc.
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with Git
- Deep understanding of testing theory
- Sound exposure to HTTP/2 and WebSocket protocols and HTTP/2 proxy SignalR
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience and competence in Azure DevOps/Test plans and all Azure Software Lifecycle Management tools in general
- Knowledge of Monitoring tools such as Monitor, Application Insights, Availability Test and Resource Managerwould be a plus
- Some experience on database technologies: SQL, MySQL, Cosmos and Redis cache
- Comfortable using Dev Tools such as Visual Studio 2019
- Some general knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud
- Experience with Load testing (JMeter\Gatling etc.) would be a plus
- Upper-Intermediate English
- A skilled problem solver, able to understand highly complex problems and deliver elegantly simple solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – be a team player
- Fast learner, highly self-motivated, autodidact, and well organized
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool office with a warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions