Stibo Systems is the global leader in Master Data Management (MDM) solutions. Over the past 30 years, we have helped growth-directed executive teams in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, travel and hospitality, automotive and grocery industries manage their technical and operational information on a global scale. Our client base of market-leading companies includes GE, KraftHeinz, Würth, Siemens, Walmart, Target & Fujitsu.
By linking product, supplier and other informational assets through an integrated process, our STEP platform streamlines the process of gathering, managing and sharing operational intelligence across the enterprise. This creates a single trusted source of strategic information and turns departmental knowledge into an enterprise-wide asset, resulting in increased profitability, reduced risk and enhanced agility.
We may be a rapidly growing company, but we are also a stable organization with a rich history. Our parent company, Stibo A/S, was founded in 1794 to serve the Royal House of Denmark and is still privately owned. (Yes, you could say that we are the world’s oldest software company!) We also believe in giving back. Stibo A/S is a foundation whose charter is to ensure the long-term development and survival of the company and contribute to the community. Since 1965, all company profits have been reinvested in the business and in charitable organizations throughout the world.
On behalf of Stibo Systems, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join our team in Gdansk.
Microservice developer for cloud platform
Microservice architecture, infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, event queues – sounds like a developing environment you would like to join? In the Stibo Systems Cloud team we aim to make use of the most relevant technology available to create well-built, sustainable solutions.
A couple of years ago we launched a new multi-tenant SaaS product syndication platform, using Cloud Native approaches, and we are now onboarding world leading vendors on the platform, and we are delivering product data to world leading retailers like Amazon, Walmart, The Hole Depot, and others.
The Cloud team is a dedicated, autonomous group of developers within Stibo Systems, and we consist of 20 development resources split between the development offices in Denmark and Poland, and a similar sized group of business people. As a small generic development team, we can discuss and implement the technologies we consider suitable – and we are open to your ideas.
The product is a multi-tenant cloud native platform for product data syndication, where vendors and retailers effortlessly can exchange detailed product information. We are working with large multi-dimensional data sets, and complex meta-specified data models, which means that we have interesting algorithmic problems to solve.
- We do not expect you to know our technology stack in advance, but an interest in learning the technologies, and new technologies in general, is obviously an advantage. Also, a relevant degree in Computer Science or Engineering, is key
- Good English skills are important due to the cross-country collaboration with our colleagues
- Do you thrive on challenges? Great! The project is still in the innovative phase, both functional and architectural, with many challenges to attack
We develop the microservices using Java 11, Spring Boot 2, and Spring Cloud, where we define, generate, and document the APIs using Swagger. We build with Gradle, and provision using Terraform, Ansible, and Python. The solution is running in AWS using Docker containers. Besides that, we use technologies like:
- Database: RIAK
- Searching: Elasticsearch
- Event queue: Kafka
- Monitoring: Humio, Jäger, Prometheus
- Continuous integration: Jenkins Pipelines
- Source control: Bitbucket/git
- UI: Angular and TypeScript
We work in Scrums with dedicated front-end, back-end, DevOps, and QA responsibilities. However, we do prefer a good understanding of the other roles, and we expect most back-end developers to be able to participate in DevOps tasks.
What's in it for you
- Challenging job where you will get the opportunity to make a difference. The environment is professionally motivating and offers great chances for personal development as well, while your initiative and good ideas are very welcome
- Possibility to work in a team where the well-being and professional development of each employee is vital and due to your performance you will be able to directly influence your career
- Competitive salary
- Core working hours starting between 8 and 10 am
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with own gym, showers, warm atmosphere and chill out areas –PlayStation 4, unlimited amount of coffee and tea are guaranteed
- Ergonomic and user-friendly equipment (laptops and standing desks)
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Ciklum with a possibility to include your family in it
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year
- Multisport card 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package
- Parking space 50% covered by Ciklum
Client video presentation