On behalf of Lottoland, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join our team full-time in Spain.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Back End Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the Lottoland.
We are looking for a Senior Back End Developer who is very experienced and passionate about software development, who loves to push product development using state-of-the art technology, and who has very high-quality standards.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary Marketing team implementing new and improving the existing functionality of the platform.
You will use your experience and knowledge to support and make architectural decisions together with the software architects, play a part in the selection of new technologies, and promote knowledge transfer both within your team and between teams. You will be also responsible for reviewing the work of your colleagues as well as supporting junior developers.
- You plan, develop, and improve our Client’s platform with a very high degree of ownership (“you built it, you run it”) on a continuous delivery basis
- You design and implement interfaces to other high availability systems
- You evaluate the use of new technologies, architectures, and frameworks
- You collaborate closely with software architects, product owners and stakeholders
- You support junior developers
- You are a part of a highly collaborative agile process
- In-depth practical experience with OOP, design patterns, Java EE 8 (CDI, JSF, EJB, JAX-RS), databases (NoSQL) and data structures (5+ years)
- Excellent understanding of complex software architecture
- Familiar with cloud technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in developing self-contained/micro services is a plus
- Profound experience with tools such as IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Maven
- Highly familiar with agile development and continuous delivery
- High quality standards. Awareness of Clean code practices, as well as others (SOLID, KISS, DRY, etc.)
- Eagerness to work on topics like performance optimization, responsiveness, scaling, and high availability
- Enthusiastic about working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good English skills are a must
- A completed degree in IT or a comparable course is desirable
What's in it for you
- A dynamic and highly motivated international team of skilled and experienced professionals
- An open culture defined by passion for developing software, fun and mutual respect
- State of the Art technology environment: Java11, J2ee7(JSF2, CDI, JAX-RS), Spring Boot, Web Components, CSS3, HTML5, MongoDB, Glassfish, Git, Maven, Docker, k8s, AWS, continuous integration, etc.
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Continuous learning/development opportunities and progressive career paths
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Tailored relocation packages to meet your needs to support your transition