PowToon is the world’s leading, most user-friendly and most intuitive animation software with over 16 million PowToon users worldwide. With PowToon, anyone – even if you don’t know a pixel from a proxy server – can create engaging, animated videos with a professional look and feel.
20,000 new PowToon user signups every single day and over 45 million Powtoons have been created and shared around the world!
On behalf of Powtoon, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Back End Python Developer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Powtoon is a 7-year-old profitable startup with an amazing product!
With over 25 million users and counting, Powtoon is used by virtually all Fortune 500 companies, business professionals, educators, students and individuals worldwide.
Powtoon enables anyone to create AWESOME animated videos using a state-of-the-art web-based animation studio, using a large library of animated assets, all built according to the latest animation standards.
We have an HTML5-based animation studio, an in-house developed player running the coolest HTML5 rendering technology, a react-native mobile application and collaborations with leading market players.
Powtoon uses leading development processes. We work fast, in short sprints, using continuous integration pipelines. We strive to keep up with the latest technological advancements and aim for continuous deployment.
- Plan, develop and grow in collaboration with other talented developers
- Improve internal and external APIs
- Integrate 3rd party services
- Take part in bringing the Client to the enterprise level
- 3+ years of experience in server side development
- 3 years of experience in Python
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol and RESTful APIs-Must
- Substantial experience with a web framework-Must (Django/PYTHON advantage)
- Deep understanding of the ORM concept
- Command of Linux/UNIX environment (shell, scripting, tools)
- Highly experienced in OOP and Design Patterns
- Hands-on experience and understanding of application architecture
- Passionate about Testing (Unit and Integration Testing)
- Familiarity with caching strategies and technologies
- Self-motivated and driven team player
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Good spoken and written English
- Independent and responsible attitude
- Experience with agile, TDD and Continuous Integration
- Hands on experience coding JS, HTML, CSS
- Application scaling
- Micro services architecture
- Hands on experience with Docker
- A person who takes great attention to detail
- Can do attitude, there is nothing too difficult to create or solve
- A curious chap, you like to research and get to know new tools and services
- A team player
- Fast learner
- Multitasker and service oriented
What's in it for you
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, initiate and promote technical solutions
- Open atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Business trips to Israel
- Fun days, happy hours and various corporate events