On behalf of Motorway, Ciklum is looking for Senior Back End Developer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Motorway is reinventing how cars are bought and sold online. Our mission is to bring the car industry into the future through ground-breaking products and best in class technology. Founded in 2017 we are growing rapidly and power thousands of vehicle transactions every month.
Our key products are:
- The first comparison website for selling your car (motorway.co.uk), enabling sellers to compare multiple real time offers from car buying companies and sell their car in 24 hours. This is a high scale web application with 350,000 users per month.
- An online marketplace for used cars (pro.motorway.co.uk) where professional dealers can search, view and bid on vehicles for sale. This is a brand new product with an aggressive roadmap to develop into a full B2B SaaS tool.
- The technical platform that manages vehicle, seller and buyer data and powers our user-facing web apps. The platform deals with large volumes of data and interfaces with dozens of third party APIs and services.
This is a varied role where you’ll work on everything from architecting new features to performance optimisation; and on apps designed for consumers through to expert users.
It’s an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products with a high degree of influence, and change an industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Solving interesting performance and caching problems as our traffic continues to scale
- Developing the code and business logic for the backend platform that powers the whole business
- Organising and structuring platform code to make it highly efficient, maintainable and reusable
- Working with third party APIs and web services (REST, SOAP, etc) to provide real-time valuations and submit vehicle and customer information to car buyers
- Working with our data layer (PostgreSQL & Redis), helping to make changes to the schema and creating tools and reports to help us understand our performance
- Working with our infrastructure (currently Heroku and AWS) to scale as we grow, and provide the highest possible performance
- Working in our flat-structured development team, and getting involved in the technical and product strategy of the business
- Working closely with front-end, design and product teams to support client apps
- Championing and implementing software development best practices to ensure our code is high quality, well-tested, scalable and secure
You’ll perform this role across all our collection of microservices (node.js with Express and Sequelize) that power our user-facing applications through RESTful APIs.
- A degree in Computer Science; or a maths, science or engineering subject
- At least four years of commercial experience working with web apps, websites and APIs in a production environment
- Experience working with relational databases and NoSQL databases, including complex queries and performance optimization
- Experience configuring, deploying and monitoring apps and websites on PaaS services such as Heroku or AWS
- Experience working with version control, automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience of agile software development practices and working collaboratively in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by personal projects, blog posts or contributions to open source projects
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to work hard, both on your own and as part of a team
- Ambition to develop and be the best at what you do
What's in it for you
- Be part of a rapidly growing startup at the early stage
- Have a competitive salary
- Have the opportunity for fast career progression
- Build products that will change an entire industry
- Develop your skills and experience rapidly, and get ongoing training and support
- Work with people that are passionate about what they do
- Have the opportunity for paid visits to our offices in London
- Enjoy regular social events