Chief Technical Office is the most innovative unit of Ciklum, providing unique expertise and consultancy in Big Data &Analytics, Research and Development, as well as DevOps services. We create advanced solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients and accumulate world-class expertise, solving real-world problems that impact millions of people in areas such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT, VR/AR and many others.
Our main principles are:
People are over processes and hierarchy.
Flat and open collaboration/communication.
Explorer increases creativity and brings more value to business.
Investing to people and innovations ensures your future.
Reuse and share your experience - develop best practices, publicize and follow them.
Ciklum CTO Office is looking for a talented Senior Big Data Engineer to join our Lviv team on a full-time basis.
The team is working closely with R&D Department on innovative solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients.
The position involves working as an engineer responsible initially for implementing different big data solutions (which are not limited to Hadoop stack). This will involve small and “big” size projects of about from one to three months. You must possess strong writing and verbal English communication skills. You will be required to have strong customer facing skills and the ability to travel.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities;
- Backend Python or Scala with Java development;
- Design and implementation of DWH architectures, ETL processes, Streamed ingestion and processing;
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes;
- Defining data retention policies;
- Participation in project estimation;
- Participation in technical pre-sales.
- Python experience 5+ years or Scala 3+ years with Java 5+ years;
- Real-world Big Data projects with one of: AWS, GCP, Azure;
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Presto or Impala;
- Experience with Apache Spark;
- Good understanding of Lambda/Kappa Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks;
- Very strong proficiency in algorithm and data structures, especially distributed ones;
- Strong with such concepts as multiprocessing, multithreading, concurrency, parallelism, locks and complexity;
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks would be an advantage;
- Demonstrate experience in real-world cases implementing DataLake, DWH, Streams, Data analytics back-end support;
- Implement strategies for application performance tuning, profiling/tracing, logging and monitoring;
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Experience with building stream-processing systems like Kafka, Apache Spark Streaming, Akka Streams, Kafka Streams, Storm, RabbitMQ or other;
- ETL implementation based on Hadoop/Spark stack and/or Presto, Hive, etc;
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, ScyllaDB, MongoDB;
- Experience with RDBMS’s like Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL;
- Ready for intensive self-education as a must.
- Graduate in quantitative scientific, engineering and/or mathematical discipline ((Mathematics generally, Statistics/Probability, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Experimental Psychology, Chemistry, etc.) –– demonstrable deep knowledge in quantitative principles;
- Significant experience working closely with business subject matter experts (SME) to achieve business outcomes;
- 3-4 positive, demonstrable business outcomes resulting from work done;
- Able to appreciate business questions, not just the science;
- Have generated significant IP (internal/proprietary, patents, academic or business journal publications);
- Some experience managing at least 3 people for any given project;
- Comfortable with significant travel when needed;
- Personable / experience with direct customer interactions;
- Very entrepreneurial by nature, experience in startup culture including working on an onshore/offshore model.
- Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility;
- Acting as a Team player and having highly developed communication skills, both toward co-programmers and project manager;
- Being committed to timely delivery of quality results;
- Innovative in his/her work;
- Knowledge seeking, updated with regards to latest SDK and technological directions in general;
- Documenting his code and general functionality.
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities;
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services;
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment;
- Professional skills development and training programs;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.