Ciklum is looking for a Senior C++ Engineer to join our team full-time in the Czech Republic / Slovakia.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior C++ Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for our Client.
Client is an Austrian sports betting company, founded in 1996, is now one of the big players in the sports betting industry with around 220 people currently employed. They are an international player and have made a name for themselves in Austria, Germany, the United Kingdom and Denmark, both online and with physical shops. They are continually raising awareness of the brand through specific sponsoring initiatives. Based on the company’s motto of ‘Take your chance everywhere’, they welcome new challenges and work together every day towards a common goal.
Client is aware of its social and economic responsibility and places considerable importance on the issues of ‘responsible gaming’ and ‘protection of young people.
Technology stack: C++ 17, .Net, Docker, Back-end development (HTTP), Efficient SQL
- Development of high performance backend applications / microservices in C++ and .NET (70/30)
- Active participation in architecture and conception
- Consideration of performance and scalability
- Functional testing and unit testing of new features
- Collaboration in an agile product development team
- Mentoring of other team members
We know that sometimes, you can’t tick every box. We would still love to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit!
- Ability to think in an analytic and structured way
- Solid programming experience 4+ years in C++
- Experience with C++ frameworks (e.g. Poco)
- Experience with .NET
- Hands-on experience with optimized SQL queries
- Experience in the development of microservices within docker environments
- Proven experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD, Jenkins, etc.
- Ability to mentor junior and intern teammates
- Strong technical documentation writing skills
- Ability to document properly systems functionality, code and methodology
- Good presentational and visualization skills. Ability to describe and present results clearly, answer questions and communicate issues
- S/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to build and maintain virtual machines
- Experience working closely with client representatives to achieve business outcomes
- General working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Communication is a key. You speak and write in English fluently or at least at upper-intermediate level
- Accuracy and flexibility, with a structured and independent approach to work
- Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility according to position seniority level
- Being committed to timely delivery of quality results
- Acting as a team player and being a great communicator, both toward teammates and clients
- Being Innovative in own work
- Knowledge seeking, eager to develop technical skills and learn new technologies
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance and Mental Health programs.
- Development as a mindset: feel free to participate in building an IT community in your country (Czechitas workshops, lectures on universities, local DevTalk meetups etc.) during working time. Regular annual performance reviews with your manager will help you keep the right growth focus.
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops) and external (international conferences, our formats of knowledge sharing).
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally.
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in one of our offices in Prague, Bratislava, Zlin, Hradec Králové or Bucharest. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up.
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. We offer more than 120 projects you can rotate between: we work with top-notch technologies for international clients (Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Austria etc.) in various domains (banking, health care, e-commerce, construction, logistics)
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients.
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events.
In the Czech Republic and Slovakia, we are represented by CN Group, a Ciklum company acquired in 2021. By working with us, you can seize global opportunities, more than 20 years of experience in various domains, a caring attitude and incredible team spirit. Together we will grow our business in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and globally!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.