Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. We employ 150+ people across its operations in New York, Israel and India.
The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion. Each month our crowdsource investment analysis draws an audience of 5.2MM+ monthly visitors to our real-time alerts products on email and mobile.
We handpick articles from the world’s top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters, publishing 500 unique article and news updates daily. The company gives a voice to over 5.5MM registered users, including 12,000+ contributors and individuals averaging 130,000+ comments a month, providing access to the nation’s savviest and inquisitive investors.
Our site is the only free, online source for over 5,000 public companies’ quarterly earnings call transcripts, including the S&P 500. The company was named the Most Informative Website by Kiplinger’s Magazine and has received Forbes’ ‘Best of the Web’ Award.
On behalf of Seeking Alpha, Ciklum is looking for Senior Data Analyst to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
- Lead the content domain analysis in the team from all aspects (modeling, quality assurance, data cleansing, analysis, and reporting)
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Generating reports and analysis from single or multiple systems.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with R&D, and data engineers if necessary.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and assisting with strategic decisions.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Deep business comprehension
- Proven experience in data models and reporting packages
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Detail-attentive to a fault
- Experience working with C-level and other stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Expert level of SQL
- Good Knowledge of Excel and especially in data visualization
- Mother-tongue level English paired with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial. Views data as a tool to understand and grow our business
- Experience in building insight-enhancing data dashboards, and mentoring end-users to self-serve
- Self-didactic, eager to learn new things
- Strong self- management, consistently meets and beats deadlines
- Fun to work with, a team player
- Knowledge of Vertica, Looker and Google Analytics, Python
- Enhanced statistical knowledge
- Experience with statistical/mathematical methodologies, data mining, machine learning
What's in it for you
- Very close cooperation with the client
- Possibility to propose solutions on a project
- Dynamic and challenging tasks.
- Ability to influence project technologies.
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills.
- Low bureaucracy, European management style.