Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Spain.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the Client.
About the project:
You’ll be a part of an innovative digital banking product. The bank is pioneering new horizons for customers with a core mission to create a more financially literate society that can succeed in a thriving economy. This will be achieved by introducing smart financial solutions.
We will accelerate digitization and help to reach a cashless society. Providing financial solutions across industry value chains, we aim to support the growth of all sectors of the economy. By facilitating banking access to segments traditionally considered high-risk, we aim to promote financial inclusion. Using continuous Data Analysis in our AI Engine and our PFM solution, we will help our customers better spend and save money.
It’s very much a “best tool for the job” mentality at our team that works on Saudi Digital Bank project and its tech-stack is continually evolving but to give you a flavor of what team is currently working with here are some of the tools we use:
- Languages: Go, Java (micronaut), Swift, Kotlin, Python
- Tools: Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Vault, Consul, istio, private cloud, concourse-CI, EFK, Prometheus, Grafana, Firebase
- Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, Pair-Programming
- Ingest data, Analyze and organize raw data from a variety of sources
- Gather requirements and prepare subject layers for various business units
- Applying best practices for data versioning
- Build data platform and pipelines
- Collaborate with multiple teams to establish source and target data requirements
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process terabytes of data quickly at big data scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, ETL across multiple data storages
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Responsible for performance tuning of complicated SQL queries and Data flows
- Identify gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Experience in software engineering and programming (Python, SQL, Java, Scala) in a professional environment
- Proficient in using Postgres and Redis
- Knowledge of architecture and design (patterns, reliability, scalability, quality) of systems.
- Comfortable communicating with a diverse set of technical and business stakeholders in English (Arabic is a benefit)
- Working knowledge of event processing (Kafka, Red Panda)
- Working knowledge of data versioning tools (flyway)
- Working knowledge of data profiling and quality management
- Working knowledge of with big data tools (Spark)
- Experience in dealing with avro data and schema registry
- Experience in event processing technologies like Flink,Beam and KStreams
- Experience with argoCD,Gitlab actions or any other CI/CD tools to deploy code on kubernetes
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
- Flexibility: hybrid & 100% remote work opportunities, flexible work schedule
- Work-life: 23 vacation days & short Fridays
- Health: comprehensive company-paid medical insurance & 4 additional undocumented sick leave days
- Tailored education path: regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Opportunities: our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfill your potential
Our Delivery Center in Malaga is one of the leading IT hubs in Andalusia – it provides an exceptional mix of vibrant tech talent community, wide-open access to learning and career advancement opportunities, hybrid / remote work setup & endless Mediterranean seashore summer.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.