Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Poland.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Our client is an exciting tech company and the leading sports betting provider in Germany and globally. Our mission is to electrify the sports betting experience for every customer, every bet.
All of the client’s functions are aligned towards delivering the best end-to-end product experience to customers. Product and technology teams work hand-in-hand to advance the development of client’s products and services.
The team works together with a great deal of decision-making freedom, and a high degree of flexibility in a network of agile teams.
Technology Stack: Python, SQL, AWS.
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process terabytes of data quickly at big data scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, ETL across multiple data storages
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Responsible for performing performance tuning of complicated SQL queries and Data flows
- Identify gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- 3+ years of experience coding in Python, SQL, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- Experience on large-scale production databases and SQL
- Time-series/analytics databases, preferably Elasticsearch or OpenSearch
- Experience either with:
- ETL: Experience with ETL development (extractions, data load, aggregation, ideally experience with Talend) or/and Real time engineering: Hands-on implementation experience/ familiarity working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, NIFI, Kafka, Spark, and Hudi
- 1+ years of experience in cloud data platforms – AWS: S3, Athena, EC2, RedShift, EMR, and Lambda
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high-quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred.
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical usecases highly desirable
- Experience with Airflow
- Coding experience with Java/Scala
- Familiarity with Apache Hudi
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programs
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions Gdansk or Wroclaw
- Work from home/100% remote
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Ciklum with a possibility to cover family members
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year
- Multisport card 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package
- Parking space 50% covered by Ciklum
Join a well-established company and a strong team of professionals. Seize the perks of global opportunities, local approach and start-up spirit.
Boost your skills with modern stacks and industry-leading clients!
Enjoy what you do, do what you enjoy!
Be bold, not bored!
Are you already interested? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We cant wait to see you at Ciklum.