On behalf of e.fundamentals, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Spain.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the e.fundamentals.
About the Client:
e.fundamentals develops an eCommerce analytics platform, built on GCP, that allows a growing number of world class manufacturers to increase their sales across all online channels.
Their revenue has grown by more than 300% in the last 12 months as world-leading companies such as PepsiCo, Mars, Kellogg’s, HP, and Starbucks have adopted their Digital Shelf Analytics platform. Their platform turns billions of data points, for millions of products being sold online, into actionable insights that generate an average 10x ROI for our customers.
The Data Products squads mission is to store the millions of product records gathered by the client platform every day and make this data available to clients, either through an open-sourced data API or automated scorecard generation. They also use the data to create new products or features that can enrich the client service. These involve things like linear regression of sales data to calculate market share or improving our daily operations and data quality system by identifying and flagging possible errors in the data input stream.
The e.fundamentals platform is built on a modern tech stack:
- The data acquisition platform is built with Java and NodeJS
- Neo4J, ElasticSearch and MySQL are our primary databases
- We use Google BigQuery for our Data Warehouse
- We use Looker for BI Visualisations
- The e.fundamentals service is built with React and NodeJS
- Everything runs on Google Cloud Platform deployed with Kubernetes
- Work with the Squad Lead and Product Manager to help define, shape and deliver a backlog of features that will deliver real value to our clients
- Mentoring and helping junior engineers to develop and succeed
- Bring a strong background in Software Engineering with the ability to work in an agile manner
- Have a passion for technology and are constantly learning
- Enjoy working in small teams with the autonomy and authority to come up with the best solution
- A proven track record of solving complex systems and software design challenges
- A talent for coding with strong skills in Java
- A track record as a software engineer delivering complex technical products at scale
- Good knowledge of relational database design
- Experience consuming data from and creating Restful API’s
- A test first mentality
- A deep understanding of agile software development and continuous improvement / delivery
- Apache Spark
- Google Big Query
- Cloud technology, especially Google Cloud Platform
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging projects, deal with complex solutions
- Nicely designed, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere that creates good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client