On behalf of NOW: Pensions, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Malaga.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the NOW: Pensions, reporting directly into the Data Architect.
The mission of NOW: Pensions is to build trust in an uncertain world by fighting for a robust financial system and a fair pension system that benefits everyone. They aim to achieve this by providing security and helping people achieve better, more secure financial outcomes in a realistic and responsible way.
At NOW: Pensions they pride themselves on offering a high quality and high performing workplace pension that is simple and straightforward at low cost.
They always put their customers at the heart of everything they do and make it their priority to ensure that their customers get the most value for their money.
They want to establish long term relationships by ensuring that their proposition delivers on its promises today and well into the future.
The Company’s values are summarized as follows:
- Accountability: They take ownership of, and are personally accountable for, all our actions. They embrace their mistakes and learn from them as part of their continuous improvement ethos.
- Honesty: They are not afraid to challenge the status quo. They are true to their word and deliver on their promises.
- Innovation: They are passionate about progress and creating a better future. They encourage creative thinking, and they are always looking for better ways to do things.
- Teamwork: They always bring solutions not problems and they foster a culture of knowledge sharing.
- Thoughtfulness: They are considerate and respectful of their colleagues. They put themselves in the shoes of the customer when making decisions that may affect them.
It’s an exciting time to be joining NOW: Pensions as they are entering the next phase of their journey looking at how they continue to change the face of the pensions industry.
- Identify and using the most appropriate analytical techniques, developing fit-for-purpose, resilient, scalable, and future-proof data services that meet user needs
- Play a key role in technical design and ongoing development of custom solutions; understanding and contributing from design through to code level
- Communicating effectively across organizational, technical, and political boundaries to understand the context and how to make complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences
- 5 years of professional experience with Big Data systems, pipelines, data processing, and reporting
- Proficient Python programmer or similar (e.g., Scala, Java, Go)
- Expert in Relational Database Management Systems & SQL, preferably Transact-SQL (we currently use Microsoft SQL Server), along with demonstrable experience in Relational Database Configuration Management
- Strong experience in building robust and scalable data pipelines
- Experience with scheduling systems and CI/CD tools (e.g., GitHub Actions, Airflow, Jenkins)
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- In-Depth knowledge of AWS services for building Data Lakes and Event Driven Data Flows such as, IAM, RDS, CloudWatch, S3, Fargate, Glue, EventBridge etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of explaining technical results to a non-technical audience
- Well-organized and self-motivated. Comfortable advancing multiple priorities at once on tight schedules in an agile environment
- Amazon Redshift
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with a warm atmosphere which creates good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 23 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits