Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team full-time in Ukraine.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the our Client.
About the Project:
Client is a German subscription-based language learning app and e-learning platform, available in various languages since January 2008.The language learning platform went online with community features as a free beta version in 2008.
About the Product:
Product is a subscription-based language learning app for web, iOS and Android. Product currently offers 15 different languages from seven display languages.
There are beginner, intermediate and grammar courses, vocabulary lessons, as well as courses with tongue-twisters, idioms, colloquialisms, and sayings. Courses for a given language may be aimed at a specific audience: for instance, English may be learned as PR English or Marketing English.
Technology Stack: Databricks, DynamoDB, Kinesis, AWS
- Participate in shaping client’s data architecture, designing and building scalable data services
- Create and manage databases and warehouses (MySQL, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Databricks Lakehouse)
- Implement new, near real-time streaming pipelines
- Automate the infrastructure (AWS, Terraform, CDK). Implement complicated CI deployment scenarios
- Scheduling complex data flows with Airflow or dbt
- Building customer-facing data reports with tools such as QuickSight
- Responsible for performance tuning of complicated SQL queries and architecture and tuning of NoSQL implementations and Data flows
- Identify gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-train other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- 3+ years of experience coding in Python, SQL with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 2+ years contributing to production deployments of large backend data processing and analysis systems
- 2+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Spark, Kinesis, DynamoDB. Experience with Spark or Databricks Lakehouse Platform
- 2+ years of experience in AWS data platforms
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high-quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program is required. Masters preferred
- Experience with Snowflake and/or ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Experience in data science and machine learning implementation
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- A curious mind and willingness to work with clients in a consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centers of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Continuous self-improvement
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.