Senior Data Engineer for Ciklum CTO Office (Kyiv)
Chief Technical Office is the most innovative unit of Ciklum, providing unique expertise and consultancy in Big Data &Analytics, Research and Development, as well as DevOps services. We create advanced solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients and accumulate world-class expertise, solving real-world problems that impact millions of people in areas such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT, VR/AR and many others.
Our main principles are:
People are over processes and hierarchy.
Flat and open collaboration/communication.
Explorer increases creativity and brings more value to business.
Investing to people and innovations ensures your future.
Reuse and share your experience - develop best practices, publicize and follow them.
Ciklum CTO Office is looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer in Kyiv or Lviv to join the big team.
The team is working closely with R&D Department on innovative solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients.
The position involves working as an engineer responsible initially for implementing different big data solutions (which are not limited to Hadoop stack). This will involve small and “big” size projects of about from one to three months. You must possess strong writing and verbal English communication skills. You will be required to have strong customer facing skills and the ability to travel.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process
- Creating DWH architecture
- Implementing DWH architecture
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Defining data retention policies
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Management of Hadoop cluster, with all included services and configuration of associated hardware and software
- Python knowledge, might be Scala
- Proficiency with Hadoop or Cassandra, Map Reduce, HDFS
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase
- Experience with RDBMS’s like Oracle and MySQL
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks would be an advantage
- Graduate in quantitative scientific, engineering and/or mathematical discipline (Mathematics generally, Statistics/Probability, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Experimental Psychology, Chemistry, etc.) ––demonstrable deep knowledge in quantitative principles
- Significant experience working closely with business subject matter experts (SME) to achieve business outcomes
- Experience in contributing to data monetization strategy
- Ability to appreciate business questions, not just the science
- Have generated significant IP (internal/proprietary, patents, academic or business journal publications)
- Track record in innovation / expertise is data engineering
- Some experience managing at least 3 people for any given project
- Comfortable with significant travel when needed
- Personable / experience with direct customer interactions
- Very entrepreneurial by nature, experience in startup culture including working on an onshore/offshore model
- Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility
- Acting as a Team player and having highly developed communication skills, both toward co-programmers and project manager
- Being committed to timely delivery of quality results
- Innovative in his/her work
- Knowledge seeking, updated with regards to latest SDK and technological directions in general
- Documenting his code and general functionality
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programmes
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions