On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Technology Stack: Python, SQL
About the Project:
Named by the World Economic Forum as one of the world's 30 Technology Pioneers 2016, and one of Gartner's 'Cool Vendors in Life Sciences' 2018, Synthace is revolutionising the way that biology is done!
Our revolutionary software platform lowers the level of entry for scientists to introduce automation to their work, while allowing specialist technicians to get even more out of the existing equipment in the labs. It is directly contributing to faster, more efficient research into hard to cure diseases such as Cancer. If social impact and knowing your work is having a positive impact on the world is important to you, it doesn't get much better than this.
Synthace allows scientists to design biological experiments, simulate them, translate instructions for robotic lab equipment, and visualise complex data sets from the results. As you can imagine, there are a wide range of technical challenges that we are addressing, and the work is rewarding.
Clients already include the likes of Astra-Zeneca, Oxford Biomedica, Ipsen, Merck and GSK, and we have ambitious plans to grow our customer base this year.
The team and the role:
You'll be working within a tight-knit, friendly and collaborative development team on exciting projects with plenty of technical challenges to get your teeth into.
You won't find any micro-management here – we're all about trust, enablement and personal ownership. We give you space and autonomy to solve complex problems, while offering support if/when needed.
We have a clear company vision, and we’re building a strategy and roadmap to go around this. Everyone knows how their work directly impacts the goals we're working towards, and everyone's voice is heard.
Followers of best practice will fit in well, but pragmatism is key. We generally take the approach of using the right tool for the job rather than being fixed to any one particular way of doing things.
- As a member of the Data team, you will be working with the infrastructure based on Data Pipelines in Python and Data API
- Primarily, this is the sort of challenge that will suit you if you enjoy solving hard technical problems and you have a broad range of experience as a software engineer – you've probably worked in different sectors, or had to adapt to different types of challenges
- Having extensive working experience with data crunching libraries like Pandas and Numpy as well as with visualization frameworks like Bokeh is considered a big plus
- Having a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms is extremely useful
- Excellent communication skills are also a must – we move fast but we talk to each other to make sure we don't break things
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- 3+ years of experience coding in SQL and Python with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 2+ years contributing to production deployments of large backend data processing and analysis systems as a team lead
- Knowledge of Typescript and GraphQL
- Knowledge of backend and Data API development
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centres of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- A constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style