Ciklum is a leading global digital services and software engineering company, serving Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations. Headquartered in the UK, we unite 3,500+ software developers, designers, product managers and data scientists around the world building tailored digital solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
We are enabling digital transformation for some of the largest household names and platforms in the digital economy. Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible and join the global projects redefining industries.
We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Data & Analytics Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Project description: Our client is the fastest-growing PropTech company in the UK. We are redefining the way property developers found and assess off-market sites. We are bringing bringing that same level of innovation to the planning world, making it easier than ever to get not just any answer, but the right answer, to your planning applications. Client’s site – simple way to supercharge development appraisal and bridge the gap between property developers and lenders.
Technology Stack: AWS Data Platfrom, Aurora/PostgreSQL, Python, dbt, Mongo, ELK
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- 3+ years of experience coding in SQL, Python, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 2+ years contributing to production deployments of large backend data processing and analysis systems as a team lead
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies:, RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL data warehouses such as PosgreSQL on Aurora and Mongo
- 1+ years of experience in cloud data platforms (AWS)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred.
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical usecases highly desirable
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Good knowledge of data analysis in enterprises
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centres of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Client video presentation