Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Holding, Ciklum is looking for Senior Data Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
As our Senior Data Engineer, you’re part of the Restaurant Management Products team. The team’s goal is to empower restaurant partners with valuable insights, actionable through self-service capabilities.
It’s your job to enable our teams to take data-informed decisions & produce value out of the data. Creating streamlined data pipelines out of various types of data, format and data sources will be your main focus.
- Collect and transform unstructured data from different sources into a structured output – e.g. columnar databases, flat or Parquet/ORC files, NoSQL or streams
- Use your skills and best practices to create reliable, frequently/continuously running pipelines
- Create reusable, maintainable and scalable integrations & services, using a cutting-edge cloud infrastructure
- Model and test data, implement proper logging and troubleshoot any issues swiftly
- Collaborate effectively with team members and other stakeholders in Agile iterative processes
- 4+ years’ experience in handling data pipelines, data warehouses or other (preferably distributed) data stores
- Knowledge of data warehousing
- In-depth knowledge of Python, including 1+ years’ experience
- Proficient in working with Airflow
- Experience with MPP data warehouses like Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake and databases like Postgres, Oracle, MySQL etc
- Experience in the cloud is preferred (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- An independent way of working: you prefer deploying services on the cloud instead of waiting for a DevOps engineer to hand you servers
- Passionate about clean code and ideas, and able to strike a balance between development speed and documentation + testing
- Fluent English (written & spoken) and good communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with one of the next modelling approaches: Kimbal modelling, DataVault, Star/Snowflake schema
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation