Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. We employ 150+ people across its operations in New York, Israel and India.
The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion. Each month our crowdsource investment analysis draws an audience of 5.2MM+ monthly visitors to our real-time alerts products on email and mobile.
We handpick articles from the world’s top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters, publishing 500 unique article and news updates daily. The company gives a voice to over 5.5MM registered users, including 12,000+ contributors and individuals averaging 130,000+ comments a month, providing access to the nation’s savviest and inquisitive investors.
Our site is the only free, online source for over 5,000 public companies’ quarterly earnings call transcripts, including the S&P 500. The company was named the Most Informative Website by Kiplinger’s Magazine and has received Forbes’ ‘Best of the Web’ Award.
On behalf of Seeking Alpha, Ciklum is looking for Senior Data Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
- Solve challenging problems in a fast-paced and evolving environment while maintaining uncompromising quality.
- Contribute to the core design of data architecture, data models and schemas, and implementation plan.
- Design, build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources, including external APIs, data streams, and data stores.
- Design, build, and maintain the infrastructure for ingesting data into our data lake and data warehouse and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data.
- Design, build, and maintain the infrastructure for real-time streaming analytics, big data analytics, and machine learning analytics capabilities.
- Implement data privacy and data security requirements to ensure solutions stay compliant with security standards and frameworks.
- Enhance the team’s dev-ops capabilities.
- Bsc in CS/Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/EE or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of proven experience developing large-scale software using an object-oriented or a functional language.
- Outstanding Software Engineering skills.
- Proven experience with cloud-based data pipeline/backend services, using AWS.
- Proficient with relational and non-relational data modeling.
- Proficient with stream processing using the current industry standards (e.g. Akka, AWS Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Flink, etc.).
- Familiarity with a variety of big data frameworks and tools, including EMR, Athena, Glue, Airflow, etc.
- High-level English – a must.
- A team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience with containerized (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes) or serverless (Lambda) deployment.
- Experience with building Machine Learning models
- Experience with Data Lineage
- Deep knowledge of Spark internals (tuning, query optimization)
What's in it for you
- Very close cooperation with the client
- Possibility to propose solutions on a project
- Dynamic and challenging tasks.
- Ability to influence project technologies.
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills.
- Low bureaucracy, European management style.