Tubular Labs is at the forefront of the digital video revolution. Tubular’s products ingest information about online videos across major social platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, etc) and make this information available via an intuitive and analytically insightful single-page web application and restful API, all while aiming to provide sub-second response times.
Every day, millions of new videos are uploaded across these social platforms. The upload and consumption rates of online video are growing exponentially over time. We’re looking for top-notch engineers to help us solve some of these challenging big data problems.
- Python 3.7, Scala
- ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis, Spark + S3
- Apache Kafka, Thrift, Consul
- AWS, Terraform, Salt, Jenkins, Mesos/Kubernetes, Docker
- Influx, ELK
- We believe in trust, transparency, and collaboration so we know our problems and working together on solving various challenges. We like sharing wins and open to learn from mistakes.
- We measure success by customer satisfaction. By applying learn/adapt/advance principle we strive to provide smooth experience with unique video industry insights.
- We love to learn and open to new ideas. We switched from Hadoop to S3, from Hive to Spark, from monolith to microservices, from RabbitMQ to Kafka. All these transitions (and others) came from engineer suggestions. Your ideas will likewise be heard.
- We believe that online video industry is huge part of the future and what we do at Tubular is unique and contributing to the growth of the industry. Your contributions will enable us to accomplish this goal.
On behalf of Tubular Labs, Ciklum is looking for Senior Data Engineer with solid experience with Python to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
- As a Senior Data Engineer in our Kyiv Data team, you will be working on big-data challenges being responsible for a big vertical of components, from data analysis to fully-functional monitored service to serve the data over API.
- Work with the product team and have a solid release plan for the product features scheduled.
- Understand a final customer and develop the next steps along with the product team.
- Strong Python skills.
- Willingness to improve skills in math/statistic/ML.
- Cares about quality, whether it’s code, unit tests, business features or documentation.
- Delivered at least one big project and can explain how it changed a company/business.
- Desire and ability to act as a team player. Highly developed communication skills, both toward co-programmers and a project/product manager.
- Ability to work well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility for projects and deliverables.
- Upper-intermediate (B2) English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to travel the United States for occasional business trips to the company’s headquarters.
- Experience in ML is a big plus.
- Solid background in math and/or statistics.
- Optionally experienced with Spark, ElasticSearch, MySQL or a similar relational or distributed database/framework/filesystem.
- Degree in quantitative scientific, engineering and/or mathematical discipline (Mathematics generally, Statistics/Probability, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Experimental Psychology, Chemistry, etc.).
What's in it for you
- Opportunity to learn new big-data technologies and the team ready to help.
- Business trips to USA at least twice in a year.
- Workstation configuration upon employee request.
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities.
- Competitive and high salary.
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
- Friendly and trusted environment where all ideas are heard.