Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team full-time in Spain.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organizations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the Digital Banking. You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
About the Project:
You’ll be a part of an innovative digital banking product. The bank is pioneering new horizons for customers with a core mission to create a more financially literate society that can succeed in a thriving economy. This will be achieved by introducing smart financial solutions.
We will accelerate digitization and help to reach a cashless society. Providing financial solutions across industry value chains, we aim to support the growth of all sectors of the economy. By facilitating banking access to segments traditionally considered high-risk, we aim to promote financial inclusion. Using continuous Data Analysis in our AI Engine and our PFM solution, we will help our customers better spend and save money.
It’s very much a “best tool for the job” mentality at our team that works on Saudi Digital Bank project and its tech-stack is continually evolving but to give you a flavor of what team is currently working with here are some of the tools we use:
- Languages: Go, Java (micronaut), Swift, Kotlin, Python
- Tools: Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Vault, Consul, istio, private cloud, concourse-CI, EFK, Prometheus, Grafana, Firebase
- Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, Pair-Programming
- Delivery Support. Automate, support and troubleshoot the software delivery process based on the CI/CD delivery pipeline
- Delivery environments. Develop and evolve cloud infrastructure environments
- Quality of delivery. Follow and improve delivery quality standards
- Contribute ideas through your knowledge of evolving DevOps technologies
- Be proactive in communication with team members and client
- Be a part of a positive and fun team environment
- CI/CD pipeline. Configure and add new features to the CI/CD pipeline
- Use industry best practices of DevOps processes & tools, adopt and improve them
- Analyze and Estimate. Perform technical assessment of DevOps tasks to ensure the possibility of their implementation within reasonable time
- End-To-End Delivery pipeline Design. Create and review Delivery Pipeline design documents and provide an optimal solution
- Take responsibility over DevOps culture on the project
- Mentorship of junior colleagues
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise DevOps
- Working knowledge of DevSecOps best practice – Inspec – Continuous compliance framework – secure coding – CIS compliance
- Outstanding & proactive oral and written communication skills – with colleagues, mentees, and customers
- Problem-solving + analytical troubleshooting mindset with a hands-on attitude
- Providing solutions for our developers to deliver features and changes in fast, scalable and reliable manner
- Exposure to programming and experience with operations in a commercial environment
- Knowledge and practical experience of scaling web applications, caring about site uptime and performance
- Experience working in a 100% cloud native environment
- Desire to work in a fast paced, ever evolving and growing dynamic environment
- Prefers CLI over GUI
The tools we use:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and system administration
- Knowledge of best practices and operations in an always-up, always-available 24/7/365 online world
- In depth experience with automation/configuration management/secrets management using either Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Vault and other Hashicorp products
- Experience with Kubernetes and Oracle Cloud will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Private/Public cloud Kubernetes deployment and automation
- In depth knowledge of microservices, Kubernetes, service mesh
- Experience with Docker, Docker images and usage in CI/CD and cloud environments
- Experience with agile software development + DevOps philosophies + 12 factor app
- Experience of ELK/EFK, Prometheus, Grafana
- Git source control and GitHub experience
- Tooling within the CNCF landscape
You should have an idea of the subject and its parts. Can explain. Has experience of use of such skills:
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins, Concourse-CI
- Experience with Java, Node.js and Python
- Working understanding of code/script (Bash/Shell)
- Desirable experience with: Kong, Spark/Hadoop, Cassandra, redis, MongoDB
- Experience with SAML2/OAUTH2
What's in it for you
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
- Flexibility: hybrid & 100% remote work opportunities, flexible work schedule
- Work-life: 23 vacation days & short Fridays
- Health: comprehensive company-paid medical insurance & 4 additional undocumented sick leave days
- Tailored education path: regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Opportunities: our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfill your potential
Our Delivery Center in Malaga is one of the leading IT hubs in Andalusia – it provides an exceptional mix of vibrant tech talent community, wide-open access to learning and career advancement opportunities, hybrid / remote work setup & endless Mediterranean seashore summer.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.