Senior DevOps Engineer for AKQA (Kyiv)
AKQA is an independent, ideas-led agency and we work with the world’s leading consumer brands.
We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Washington DC, San Francisco and Shanghai and are one of the world’s most rewarded creative agencies. AKQA has been named Revolution magazine’s Agency of the Decade; AdAge Digital Agency of the Year; AdWeek Digital Agency of the Year and Fast Company’s Top 50 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Our people are core to the work we produce for our clients and contribute to a culture which fosters innovation, service, quality and thought in everything we do. We reward them by providing an inspirational working environment, opportunities to move between departments and international offices, excellent remuneration and an industry leading training and development programme - AKQA Academy.
The future inspires us. We work to inspire.
On behalf of AKQA, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer for a team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
- Communicate with development managers of different products in several geographical locations to collect information about hardware and software requirements
- Setup environment based on requirements collected
- Perform configuration management and release engineering services for modern Web and Java based applications
- Assure that configuration of testing environment is corresponding with business requirements
- Design and maintenance of CI/CD solutions
- Implementation of Release Management processes and practices
- Must be effective communicator to provide senior representation for R&D level projects and be able to represent Configuration Management for business projects
- Experience in configuring and deploying web applications (3+ years)
- Proven in-depth experience in Linux (5+ years)
- Experience with scripting languages (Ruby or Python). Advantage UNIX scripting.
- Experience with Load balancer (haProxy)
- Good understanding of Java ecosystem and build tools (Maven, Ant, gradle).
- Experience with monitoring tools – Nagios, New Relic or equivalent
- Experience with VMware software
- Experience with Cloud Service providers (AWS, Azure, Heroku)
- Environment with automation and virtualization tools (Vagrant, Packer, VirtualBox)
- CI/CD knowledge – Thoughtworks Go, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Docker containerization
- Languages English at a high level – spoken and written
- Have ability to travel abroad for knowledge transfer sessions
- General understanding of Web Application security (experience with SSL)
- Artifactory, Nexus or equivalent
- Atlassian Product suite (Confluence, JIRA, Crucible, Stash)
- Source Version Control (Git, SVN)
- Code quality tools (Sonar, FishEye)
- Static analyzers like PMD, Checkstyles etc.
- Enterprise CMS: Adobe CQ/AEM, Drupal
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the client
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities, a lot of various technical seminars
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions