Modulr is one of the UKs leading fintech scale-ups and the #2 fastest growing technology company in the UK, according to D&B. We are looking for a number of software engineers to join our rapidly expanding technology team. You will be part of a scaling business in a high-quality team that is working on new products and features while solving interesting technical challenges. In this role you will work in a cross- functional co-located team who are asked to solve a problem, rather than handed a task to do. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a fast- paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
Modulr is a vibrant FinTech scale-up who are rethinking business payments. We automate payment flows, embed payments within business platforms, and enable customers to build new payment products and services giving them a modern alternative to traditional banks. Our customers use a simple RESTful API which has processed over 70 million transactions with a value of over £60 billion to date.
We have attracted over £38 million in investment funding including £10m from Banking and Competition Remedies fund as well as venture capital from several firms including PayPal Ventures. Modulr was ranked 18th on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Start-ups List in UK and we have won multiple awards and listing including Emerging Payments and FinTech50.
We have 9 teams in product and technology who deliver work in an Agile fashion. We use a mix of Agile methods and we don’t favour a particular one; we’d rather be open- minded and honest with what works for us. We prefer self-organising teams who work together to maximise the value we create.
On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
We are currently recruiting experienced Engineers to help us continue to scale our DevOps team. You will be working in a tight-knit, high-quality function. You have the experience to succeed in a fascinating and relevant market, and the skills to support the rapid delivery and scaling of new functionality – enabling the adding of new services for clients and helping the business to grow.
In this varied role, you’ll be involved in all aspects of site reliability engineering – from investigation and diagnosis right through to resolution. You’ll maintain and extend the internal automation, manage internal systems, support squads as needed and participate in an on-call rota with the rest of the function as required.
- You’ll be part of an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and, above all, passionate team. We would like you to display these same attributes and display proven knowledge about cloud and automation, systems administration, infrastructure management
- You’ll thrive when working on problems from identification to resolution and looking to solve any recurring tasks or issues through automation
- You’re comfortable working in a scaling business, where time is critical, and things change on a regular basis
- You enjoy positively challenging the way things are done and want to join a business that is focused on constantly improving
- You have well thought-out opinions about how technologies and tool sets can be used to create elegant solutions and are happy sharing these
- You care about the quality and integrity of the outputs from your team and want to work with people who care
- You can find the right balance of speed and accuracy when prioritising and take responsibility for seeing things through to a high standard
- Experience working with 24×7 high availability platforms
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience delivering infrastructure as code
- Experience automating monitoring of platforms using APIs / webhooks
- Experience automating / maintaining CI/CD pipelines in a Linux, Apache, Java, PostgresSQL stack
- Microservices architecture – containers experience a bonus
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to solve complex tasks
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- Close cooperation with client
- Constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement