On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team on a full-time basis.
You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers maintain and automate routine tasks for applications and programs.
SRE responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring monitoring, operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. Create pipelines, provide architecture expertise in the infrastructure planning process.
Client is the world’s leading tourism group. The broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 400 hotels, 17 cruise liners and many incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. It covers the entire tourism value chain under one roof. This integrated offering enables us to provide our 27 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions. A key feature of our corporate culture is our global responsibility for economic, environmental and social sustainability. This is reflected in more than 20 years of commitment to sustainable tourism. The Client’s share is listed in the FTSE 250 index, in the Quotation Board of the Open Market on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, and in the regulated Market of the Hanover Stock Exchange.
- Developing multi-discipline technology-focused strategies and solution roadmaps to execute Amazon Web Service (AWS) solutions for clients to help solve business needs and/or requirements
- Engaging as an advisor to the client around AWS solutions and earning their trust and respect. Providing expertise on aligning current trends in the AWS technology market place
- Understanding many disciplines including application architecture, resiliency and DR, databases, virtualization, servers, storage, infrastructure as code and AWS cloud computing, along with the understanding of technology and industry trends
- Collaborating with the application developers to understand and setup tooling needed for Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment processes
- 5+ years’ experience working with Linux and Bash Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker and containerisation technologies
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure provisioning, deployment and monitoring on AWS; using services like ECS, RDS, ELB, EC2, EKS, S3, Cloud Watch, etc.
- 4+ years’ experience migrating monolithic applications to AWS services
- Comfortable diagnosing issues with Java (Hybris experience beneficial but not required)
- Experience with Grafana, Kibana or other data visualisation tooling
- Experience with Data Dog, New Relic, Dynatrace or similar data monitoring tool
- Experience working with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar
- Hands-on Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for applications deployed to a cloud or on-premises.
- Helping Agile teams by automating everything and reducing manual work
- Quick learner of new & emerging technologies and tools
- Be proactive in communication with team members and client
- Control all stages of CICD pipeline and overall software delivery process
- Able to arrange and organize work with multiple staging environments (both static and dynamic)
- English upper-intermediate and higher
- AWS certification
- Worked with common software development lifecycle tools including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Gitlab
- Comfortable defining and measuring work in a metrics-focused mindset (e.g. using SLOs and SLAs)
- Comfortable working with Python, Go, Ruby, NodeJS or Bash to automate common processes and tasks to reduce toil
- Awareness of security best practices for deploying and operating applications
- Experience with large-scale, real-time applications
- Experience building and deploying complex systems to cloud and on-premises
- Influential over design and development strategy
- Collaborative and supportive of other teams
- Able to embed DevOps best practice in all teams and calling out where this is not being followed
- Observant and uses of data to make evidence based decisions with a view to continually improving the flow of code from developers to Production
- Respected and inspiring
What's in it for you
- Flexible working hours
- Medical Insurance from Regina Maria
- Internal and external trainings
- Corporate events