EVRYTHNG is the Internet of Things Smart Products Platform that connects any consumer product to the Web, and manages real-time data to drive applications. The world’s leading consumer product manufacturers work with EVRYTHNG to manage billions of intelligent online identities in the cloud for their products, deliver real-time interactive experiences and support services to consumers, and connect with the ecosystem of other applications and products in their digital lives.
On behalf of EVRYTHNG, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team on a full-time remote basis.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will have the chance to work on a plethora of infrastructure and operations related projects with our existing team and construct our new infrastructure as code AWS Environments.
You will enable our product teams and engineers to move at speed into production, ensure consistency of approach and knowledge sharing across products. You will work with Terraform, CircleCi, Docker and a collection of AWS and GCP Services.
The role will include working collaboratively with our Engineering and Product teams. This position will be responsible for guiding improvements and implementation of tools & blueprints to help our product teams achieve business value better/faster/stronger. You’ll need to be one of our Terraform Enterprise, CircleCI, AWS and GCP wizards!
EVRYTHNG infrastructure fun facts:
- Our all time peak was 1.4 Mio messages / min (Twitter is at 350,000!);
- Aiming to reach full IaC and getting there!
- Spanning across AWS and GCP, with plans to expand to Azure;
- 50 micro and not so micro services in Node.js and Java (scripting in Python);
- Driving the selection, design and implementation of Infrastructure and Operations projects
- Strive for a self-serving model by documenting the tools and best practices
- Train and assist engineers in using the selected tools and technologies
- Automate the provisioning and management of our Cloud based Platform (AWS/GCP) via Terraform
- Automate and optimise our software development and delivery processes via CI/CD pipelines, using CircleCI
- Design and Implement deployment strategies, such as blue/green and canary
- Take responsibility and pride in maintaining our uptime and SLAs (https://status.evrythng.com)
- Participate in internal IT support and contribute to continuously improve our IT tooling
- Continuously evaluate our path to production workflow and contribute to its improvement and automation
- Get ready to contribute to the 24/7 support of our infrastructure and services
- Strong knowledge and experience with AWS
- Experience with GCP and/or Azure is a big plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with Terraform (especially v0.12 +)
- Experience with Container Technology (Docker) ideally including AWS Fargate
- Experience with CI / CD Pipelines, such as CircleCI
- In depth understanding and experience of Relational and Non-Relational Database technologies (MongoDB and PostgreSQL)
- Good understanding and experience of Data Streaming technologies (in particular AWS Kinesis)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Shell
- Understanding of programming languages such as Java and Node.js
- In depth understanding security policies and practices, in particular User Access (IAM Users & Roles), Resource Access (IAM Policies) and Network Access (NACLs, SecurityGroups, WAF, VPN)
- Experience with designing and building secure, scaled and resilient cloud based solutions
- Experience supporting large scale software projects and creating environments with strong monitoring, alerting and support solutions
What's in it for you
- High earning potential and the ability to experience a high growth startup operating in the most exciting business environment around. This is not a role for a passenger but a challenging and rewarding role for a high potential candidate who wants to make a huge leap in their personal and professional development
- Training & Development – 2 hours of personal training & development per week & tech lunches on Wednesdays
- Fully remote
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere which creates good working conditions
- Your opinion matters
- You can improve product, processes and tools
- Competitive salary
Client video presentation