Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Platform team.
The team sits within the Platform & Reliability department which exists to catalyse global platform change while driving commercial availability. The team is responsible for looking after a wide range of capabilities that underpin our global platforms. Examples include:
- Core AWS infrastructure, networking & accounts
- Self-service logging, monitoring, alerting and observability platforms
- Secrets and config management
- Compute infrastructure innovations (e.g. EC2 to Containers/Serverless)
- Disaster recovery
As a Platform Engineer you will be involved in the implementation and continual evolution of these areas, following guidance from senior engineers within the department.
In this role you will be expected to have a passion for technology and a desire to learn. You will have the opportunity to positively impact 80+ Product Development teams globally, to foster a true DevOps culture.
- The availability, security, scalability of our platforms
- Delivering the technology and business roadmap
- Planning for the future
- Being available as a support line in case of an incident or even just questions or problems other engineers might have when using our products
- Be able to track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technical Lead
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that you and your team have agreed
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Management
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other engineering teams
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to production proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
- Take part in an on-call rota to support the teams components in production
- Cloud engineering on AWS (Other Cloud providers would be advantageous)
- Experience of Infrastructure Automation technologies such as Terraform or Ansible
- Experience of monitoring and logging tools such as Prometheus, Graphite, ELK, Grafana and supporting them in production
- Platform Infrastructure (DNS, DR, SSL, Load balancing, etc)
- Support of Linux and Linux services (HAProxy etc)
- Support of Windows and Windows services (IIS etc)- nice to have
- Support of Containerisation technologies (Kubernetes)
- Configuration Management tooling such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis of issues in complex environments
What's in it for you
- Challenging tasks – you and the team are to define every next Sprint, tasks and how they will be implemented
- Smart solutions – yes, we produce them
- Career and professional growth opportunities
- Conferences, knowledge sharing activities, certifications
- Sport and team-building activities
- Smiles and jokes
- No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day
Client video presentation