Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Joining the Continuous Delivery Engineering team at Just Eat Takeaway is an opportunity to help shape the future of DevOps at Just Eat Takeaway. While Developers own their own code all the way through to production, it is our responsibility to ensure they have the best tools and visibility of their packages during the deployment pipeline and into production. We integrate, operate, automate and build tools to assist with safe deployment of code to production. It is our job to ensure product engineers can ship code to production in a timely fashion as safely as possible.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer in the CDE team, you will have a wide-reaching role assisting and advising a range of Just Eat Takeaway product teams on deployment tooling and strategies. As well as responsibilities for designing, operating and driving the adoption of this tooling. Internally in the team, you will be supported by a distributed team of passionate DevOps engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Engineering – Design and build the newest deployment functionality aligned with our roadmaps to ensure the safe delivery of code to production
- Product Definition – Help shape the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with engineering teams and Product Managers
- Design – Be involved with and lead team planning on new tooling and feature sets
- Continuous improvement – Ensure continuous improvements by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective
- Tracking Progress – Track the progress being made towards the wider goals of the team, and transparently communicates this with the team and wider business
- Operating – Take responsibility for deploying and supporting changes, proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
While we will consider any appropriate skills and background for this role we believe the ideal candidate will have some of the following:
- Proven record of producing technically sound solutions to complex problems; offering new perspectives on existing solutions
- Understanding of deployment practices, Red/Green, Canary, Beta
- Operational experience of cloud infrastructure (AWS or similar)
- Continuous Integration and deployment tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, Concourse CI, GoCD or Zuul CI
- Infrastructure & Configuration Management tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet or Chef
- Deployment of Containers (EKS/ECS), Windows Services and Web Sites (IIS), Linux Services on CentOS / Redhat / Ubuntu
- Ability to follow the standards and practices laid out by the team
- Clear concise technical documentation; creating and maintaining runbooks and end user documentation
- Working with high transactional systems where uptime is critical
- Facilitating functional projects or work streams within a project
- Working in a team, identifying innovation solutions, receiving minimal guidance
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation