LanguageWire is a full-service provider of all services associated with creating, translating and processing text and graphics for numerous markets. In short, we help you transform your ideas and data into effective communication. We provide exactly what you need. We have more than 70 permanent employees located in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Hamburg and Kiev, together with a network of more than 4,000 graphic designers and language experts from around the world. This has enabled us to specialise in building customised solutions for our customers because we always have someone on hand who knows your business and market.
LanguageWire is a leading translation company servicing clients from offices throughout Europe and we are growing rapidly! If you want to work in a young, intelligent and highly energetic team, our Gdańsk office is the place to be. In fact, we might need you just as much as you need us. We develop state-of-the-art integration solutions that are key differentiators in a positive market, and we aim at quickly adding more offerings to our kick-ass portfolio. If you think you fit the bill, consider joining us. We try, we learn and we win!
On behalf of LanguageWire, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Kiev team on a full-time basis.
At Languagewire we have built a strong product platform based primarily on Microsoft technologies stack. Now we’re committed to taking this platform to the next level and to embrace the latest technology. Our journey will take use to state-of-the-art container-based deployment, Kubernetes and solutions like Azure Service Fabric or AKS. We’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who can lead and implement the automation of our landscapes and the transformation to a container-based approach.
You’ll work with an enthusiastic team of 50+ skilled software developers and IT engineers across two development centers in Kyiv and Gdansk. We estimate DevOps team to grow to at least two individuals to deliver expected scope of services transformation in a reasonable timeframe, staying available as a service department. You’ll report directly to the IT director and the CTO.
- Configuration of build pipelines to enhance our automated build environment;
- Development of automation scripts to improve our continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines;
- Extend, structure and adjust application logs to achieve a holistic view of services health and interoperation;
- Mentoring and advising the software engineering team on code best practices for easy configuration, release and deployment management;
- Setup container registry and base container images;
- Plan the transformation from VM based deployments to container-based deployments;
- Plan and run our landscapes on Kubernetes / AKS;
- Support production operations and high availability of our services;
- Setup of test landscapes and automated loading of controlled test data
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Server technologies
- Solid experience in running large-scale container-based web applications in production
- Deep experience with Microsoft Azure, especially services like Monitoring, Azure Container Service and AKS
- Hands-on experience with TFS and configuration of CI / CD build pipelines
- In-depth knowledge of Git
- Experience with one of the configuration management tools (like: Chef, Ansible or Puppet)
- Experience with Docker operations and images
- Strong focus on infrastructure and Data security
- English Intermediate+ (both written and spoken)
- Highly communicative, team player, service-mind altitude
- Focused on the effective delivery, work under pressure, prioritization in multitasking environment
- Strong analytic skills, ability to see ‘big picture’, suggest and influence with solutions
- Junior development background in C#
What's in it for you
- An amazing work environment, where you can really make a difference
- Professional and career growth
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Interesting tasks, challenging your wit
- An opportunity to speak English every day
- A deluxe, modern office in the center of Kiev