PowToon is the world’s leading, most user-friendly and most intuitive animation software with over 16 million PowToon users worldwide. With PowToon, anyone – even if you don’t know a pixel from a proxy server – can create engaging, animated videos with a professional look and feel.
20,000 new PowToon user signups every single day and over 45 million Powtoons have been created and shared around the world!
On behalf of Powtoon, Ciklum is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Powtoon is a 7-year-old profitable startup with an amazing product!
With over 25 million users and counting, Powtoon is used by virtually all Fortune 500 companies, business professionals, educators, students and individuals worldwide.
Powtoon enables anyone to create AWESOME animated videos using a state-of-the-art web-based animation studio, using a large library of animated assets, all built according to the latest animation standards.
We have an HTML5-based animation studio, an in-house developed player running the coolest HTML5 rendering technology, a react-native mobile application and collaborations with leading market players.
Powtoon uses leading development processes. We work fast, in short sprints, using continuous integration pipelines. We strive to keep up with the latest technological advancements and aim for continuous deployment.
We are searching for an experienced can-do attitude DevOps Engineer.
- Become the expert on Powtoon’s networking, VPN and site2site setup
- Help Powtoon stay in it’s high standard certifications
- Be the go-to person for AWS questions and help from other departments
- Take responsibility defining and setting permissions in AWS and Azure
- Work with Jenkins – administration and DevOps jobs
- Respond to alerts and notifications from the different security and monitoring tools
- Research logging and monitoring tools for cost optimization opportunities, performance issues and other interesting findings
- Research logs from SIEM tools to find interesting patterns, bugs and security holes
- Research and implement new AWS/Azure services for performance and cost optimization
- Implement and maintain policy services
- Setup automations for manual operations
- Own DevOps processes
- Solve open Security alerts
- Create and improve dashboards in logzio, chartio, cloudwatch & prometheus (future)
- Step by step improve and organize Powtoon’s AWS and Azure cloud operation and management
- Investigate and find tools to improve Powtoon’s security, productivity, compliance and cost
- Take part in creating and improving the Powtoon chatops, gitops and CI/CD flows
- 4+ years of experience in a broad DevOps position – Must
- AWS experience – Must
- Networking including VPNs (Sophos UTM advantage) – Must
- Scripting capabilities (Bash, Python) – Must
- Substantial experience with web application infrastructure (knowledge in Nginx, CDN, Load balancers, etc) – Big advantage
- Linux administration – Big advantage
- Experience in large AWS deployments – advantage
- IaC: Terraform and K8s – advantage
- Jenkins administration – advantage
- Azure – advantage
- A person who takes great attention to detail
- Can do attitude, there is nothing too difficult to create or solve
- A curious chap, you like to research and get to know new tools and services
- A team player
- Fast learner
- Multitasker and service oriented
What's in it for you
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, initiate and promote technical solutions
- Open atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Business trips to Israel
- Fun days, happy hours and various corporate events